Kindle Auto-rotation problems

tgbrowning

Reaction score
Has anyone else has a problem with kindle and auto-rotate? I've it suddenly refuse to auto-rotate for no reason that i can see. I checked the settings and it's still set to auto-rotate.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Shinken

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy 10.1 tablet. The tablet still auto-rotates but about a month or two ago the kindle reader app stopped auto-rotating and remains in portrait orientation. All online posts I've seen so far address overall display auto-rotate (which is still working fine) but not specifically the kindle app.

Shinken

Reaction score
I just found a solution. I uninstalled the Kindle App and then reinstalled it, after which the book I was reading now autorotates.

The resource I read indicated that whenever there is a change in behavior after an OS upgrade, any app with an unwanted change in behavior should be uninstalled and reinstalled. It worked for me, at least in this particular case.

That said, note that the Kindle App doesn't really uninstall in a normal (i.e. non-rooted) android OS. What happened is that when I "Uninstalled" it just removed updates. I then selected the "Update" button and after the update, I signed in to my Amazon account and the Kindle App was auto-rotating as it should.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I occasionally have an issue lately where my Facebook app on my phone will go into landscape mode and won't go back to portrait no matter what I do.

I've found, in that case, if I simply toggle screen rotation off and then back on, it usually works the way it's supposed to. If that works for you too, it's a little faster than uninstalling and reinstalling.