Kinda Bored

Sebastian

Reaction score
So, I'm on my 4th Droid Pro and I'm kinda bored with it. I guess with all the hard resets I'm kinda over it. I didn't have the same issues with my incredible.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Its a known problem, apparently. How can you afford going thru 4 of them, i know i know its warranty not resale, but still theres a deductible...

OP
Sebastian

Sebastian

Reaction score
There's no cost on a warranty. Just walk in a Verizon store, state your issue, and they overnight another one. Of course, they are "certified referbs." No deductable.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Its a known problem, apparently. How can you afford going thru 4 of them, i know i know its warranty not resale, but still theres a deductible...

There's a deductible for insurance replacements, but not for warranty replacements.

Luckily, I haven't had any major problems so far, and I absolutely love the form factor of the device. I thought I'd be bored with it pretty quickly as well coming from a Droid X, but that hasn't been the case at all. I see this phone sticking with me for quite a bit longer than most.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score

There's a deductible for insurance replacements, but not for warranty replacements.

Luckily, I haven't had any major problems so far, and I absolutely love the form factor of the device. I thought I'd be bored with it pretty quickly as well coming from a Droid X, but that hasn't been the case at all. I see this phone sticking with me for quite a bit longer than most.

Same here. *cross fingers*

OP
Sebastian

Sebastian

Reaction score
Alas I couldn't do it anymore. I went back to my Incredible. I went on Craigslist and traded my Droid Pro for the Incredible + $100.

DroidToro

Reaction score
I hear ya. I switched to DX and like it a lot. The soft keyboard is the only drawback and I am learning to deal with it. Custom roms and screen real estate are sweet and battery life is good enough that I haven't needed to invest in an extended battery. Now my kid has the pro and it's used for angry birds and other little funny games.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I switched from the DX to the Pro because it had the keyboard, but the Pro is kinda boring. Not sure what it is just seem very lack luster, though I do love that keyboard.

jwgraves

Reaction score
Yeah I switched from the DX to the Pro because it had the keyboard, but the Pro is kinda boring. Not sure what it is just seem very lack luster, though I do love that keyboard.

No idea what you all are talking about....how is it "boring", but the DX isn't?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Miss my black glass theme for one, second I hate that when sending a txt it does not tell you what kind of number it is for the person IE cell or home. So for those people you don't remember their numbers you don't know which one you are sending to. I miss the big beautiful screen as well on the DX. But being able to type an entire email and txt msg without mistakes is a big plus. And the Pro gets pretty warms when surfing the internet for awhile, where I never had that problem with the X. I like the Pro but I am sure there will be better options someday.

lalala11

Reaction score
I hate that when sending a txt it does not tell you what kind of number it is for the person IE cell or home.

Yes, it does. I mean, when you have an existing text conversation it just has their name and number, but you should know that's their mobile number. If you're tryping a new text, there's a drop down menu with various options. So if you're typing a text to Bill Williams but you have Bill Smith also, it will have a drop down menu of Bill Smith Mobile, Bill Smith Home, Bill Williams Mobile, etc., as well as their emails.

It's moot now, since you went back to whatever phone, but the feature is there.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Consider yourself lucky cause no mine does not do that. When I start a new text and start typing the persons name it just lists the numbers but not what those numbers are...ie mobile home or work.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Mine are blank......