KIN3TX ROM.. What Add-ons and UIs does everyone like, what can and can't be flashed?

PbSandman7

Reaction score
Seeing how the main link of this ROM no longer exists, I was curious what can and can't be added on top of this ROM. I just flashed and got it setup for the most part, but I can't remember what can be added and what you can't add on top of another..etc.

Can you guys post of some pics of your screen shots with what you've added. I think this is a common question and could only find a couple images in the 58 pages of the ROM.

What is the principal behind adding the Blur add-on?
Can one add a TPAX ICS on top of BLUR and a UI.. or is ICS considered a UI? as you can see I am a little confused.

What are some options

Thanks

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You wipe data, cache, and system then install the base rom. After that you boot in to the rom, set it up, then boot in to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache and install either the blur add on or the pur-3 add on. Then you can install any of the tpaks. To go from one tpax to another, wipe cache and dalvik. To go from blur to pur-3, I believe you have to rewipe everything and set rom up again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
P

PbSandman7

Reaction score
thanks for the response. Is there an obvious difference between the Pur3 vs Blur add-on?

Or is it mostly a personal preference decision

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the pur-3 removes blur from the system, probably similar to the D1. I'm not really sure how to explain it, lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
P

PbSandman7

Reaction score
Kind of a noob question but what exactly is blur. I have been trying to read up but couldn't find much.

OP
P

PbSandman7

Reaction score
Great thank you. That is somewhat close to what I assume it was. I'll probably flash the Blur add-on then, as I like having my FB contacts link with my actual contacts list. Seems easier than downloading another app to link the two, like others are having to do.

motorollin

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, glad to see your thread. I am new to this as well and I've installed KIN3TX and then I installed the ICS theme pack on top of that. I am confused as to whether I now have blur installed or not. It sounds like I should have installed the blur add-on before installing the ICS package. Can someone confirm whether I need to rewipe everything and reinstall ROM, then blur, then ICS?

Thanks!