1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

killing your Razr because charging it while using a protective case?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by lordmdp, Feb 26, 2012.

1. lordmdp

lordmdp New Member

read somewhere that charging your droid while its in a protective case(like a otterbox) can heat up the battery while plugged in and damage the battery and or phone

any truth to that?

am I being paranoid that i take my case off everytime I plug it in the wall or car?
  2. sTl2yk3l2

sTl2yk3l2 New Member

I had an otterbox defender on my x for a year straight. Never took it off. I currently have a trident Cyclops on it. my battery is fine. I think your being paranoid. maybe if you charge it in an oven there could be a problem, but your good dude. I wouldn't worry. I have never heard anyone say there battery got to hot and fried it cause they charge it in there case. everyone i know had a case on there phone and charge with it on. Most people don't even take there case off for months at a time. I know i kept mine on for almost a year. Except when i was doing battery pulls from messing up with some roms.

«=(.stryker.originals.miui)=»
  3. Arodnum1

Arodnum1 New Member

Had a silicone case and otterbox in my razr, charged all night before in both, I have had no problems at all, original phone I bought to, so you are good to go man

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. lordmdp

lordmdp New Member

I guess the main reason I was worried is my original droid would overheat on a hot day in my pocket and it would freeze--couldnt slide the screen open or anything

trying to remember where I read that about the razr--
  5. nikecar

nikecar New Member

In my otterbox, the phone gets hot if I watch videos or play games or do something that keeps the display on for a while.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
Search tags for this page
can an otterbox case cause droid to overheat
charger case for droid razr

charging case for droid razr

charging case for motorola droid razr
charging case for razr
charging droid razzorwhile using
charging phone case droid razr
does otterbox cause overheating

droid razr charging case

droid razr charging phone case
droid razr protective case