Killer Battery Life on my X

en28so

Reaction score
I ended up buying the extended battery, then followed various advice on improving battery life. Some helped, some didn't and some may be a placebo. Streaming video is a good test as I use it quite often. With that setup I was able to get approximately 4 hours through my slingbox. Not bad but still missed the mark.

Next I purchased a Mugen Power 3600 battery, following their instructions for initial charge (12 hours), then repeating discharge/recharge 3-5 times as directed to achieve maximum rated capacity. Yes, the performance improved when following Mugen's instructions.

Thus far I am able view streaming video (again through slingbox) for a minimum of 7 hours which exceeds my expectations.

The OP and others gave some good reccomendations on improving battery life and I'd like to add Autorun Manager works well to lock out hidden processes other apps don't see. Setting screen brightness to minimum required for adequate viewing helps a lot. I use AdjBrightness for that.

Worrying about running out of battery for just about any cpu intensive application during a full day of use is a thing of the past. When possible, I will post battery stats using 100% video streaming.
This sounds nice for the mugen power battery, but does it work with your battery meter on your status bar? Or is it off like the other 3600 batteries like the gorilla one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Check mine out! 27hrs and 50%. I'm loving Darkslide 4.2.

cc34f6d3-eefa-4d01.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mickdabom

Reaction score
Wow good advice. I think most of it comes from the underclock

Sent from my A101IT using DroidForums App

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
does darkslide really improve it by that much?

not by itself

~John

Yes and no. I do some common sense stuff as well. My data is set to shut down when I'm not using the phone for a certain period of time (Juice Defender). I have a dark background image, which seems to help, I also have only 4 screens with minimal widgets on them. Lastly, my display is set at its lowest setting. I can surf and watch vids all day and still have battery left. I'm impressed. I couldn't do all that with the stock rom and get the same results. So, no, Darkslide didn't do it by itself, but yes, it made it possible.

To me, that is all common sense, nothing special. To others, that might be extreme.