Killer Battery Life on my X

03snakenvtn

Reaction score
I unplugged my phone at 7:30 this morning and am sitting at 70% 10 1/2 hours later. I've been reading the forums for a while and see a lot of "my battery life sucks" threads, so I thought I might be able to help. The biggest thing that I've found that helps a lot is to keep wifi/bluetooth/gps off unless you're using them. If I'm gonna make a long phonecall, I'll turn on my gps and my bluetooth and make the call, then when I'm done I turn it off. I know a lot of people use their bluetooth constantly throughout the day, so this won't help everyone. I use googlemaps constantly during my job, but gps stays off until I get into an area I'm familiar with, then I turn it back off so it doesn't have to constantly monitor my location. I've found this helps a ton. I guess I should say what setup I have as well. I've got it rooted with Darkslide v4.2 loaded, and used QuickClock to overclock/underclock. I use the balanced profile, which drops my voltage down quite low when the phone is sleeping, but runs at 1265 mhz when it needs to. I also have CacheMate set to delete my cache once a day. I have my weather apps set to update once an hour, so it's not constantly checking and updating things that aren't terribly important. I know it's pretty common info to a lot of you guys, but with all the threads I see, hopefully it'll help a few people having problems. I've gone from not even knowing what rooting was to rooting my phone, loading a custom rom, and over/underclocking successfully without ever having a single problem. This forum is alone worth sticking with an Android device for life. Other forums are full of "That's been covered before, use the search button idiot," but not this one. People answer quickly and often offer to personally help new members through PM's. Thanks again guys and gals and keep it up.

sugarnova

Reaction score
I also have super sweet battery life on my X. I had an Evo before this, so I adopted all the tricks I used with it just to attain normal battery life, and it has just been amazing on my X. Also, my Evo had a 3000 mAh extended battery, and still only had acceptable battery life. The extended battery on the X just makes it last forever. And it's not huge. XD

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

snowbdr89

Reaction score
im running rubix with red dark android and i easily get 20+ hours and like you said i keep everything turned off unless i need it and i dont load up multiple screens with tons of widgets!! :biggrin:

fishstick600

Reaction score
I get great battery out of my x too. It depends on usage but im at 8.5 hours and 60%. I have a lot of things pulling data in the background like fb and 4 different email accounts ...plus a weather and rss feed widget.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sbeck

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong! In 6 or 7 hours I'm at 40% or 50%. That's with just a little texting, internet browsing and a little forum chatting. I've got wifi and bluetooth all cut off. I would appreciate any advice.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

Sbeck

Reaction score
I'm even running it underclocked using QuickClock.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Sbeck, are you using the stock battery? It's not the longest lasting battery out there especially if you actually USE your phone. If you are trying to get a couple of days out of it, even with light usage, I think you will always be disappointed. I bought the extended battery which lasts much longer (at least a couple of days) though I do tend to charge it every other day regardless.

These phones do a lot and require a lot of power to do it. If you bought the phone to reduce its capabilities and to underclock it and to turn everything off just to get 4 days out of the battery, I think you will always be disappointed. Indeed, if that's your plan (or anyone else's) then I suggest a regular non-smart phone because they last a week on a charge and allow a call every couple of days.

A Droid X though, if you use it at all, you'll just have to charge it every day or so and I suggest just plugging it in at night. Should last through the day at least.

50% at 7 hours is normal in my opinion and actually not bad. That's roughly 14 hours on a full charge and, if you unplug at 7AM and get home 12 hours later and plug it in, well you've made it through the day!

snowbdr89

Reaction score
Hmm im at 50% after 14 to 16 hours with pretty good usage, i can easily get 20 + hours with lighter usage!!

Sbeck

Reaction score
Oh no! I love my X and the ONLY reason I ever underclock is just to get more time. I've got the standard battery and keep a charger at my desk at work and in the car but I can't get close to a full day. I would love for someone to recommend the exact extended battery they use and the extended battery door and give me a link to it.

N

Nickchapa

Im glad I get one day out of my phone. Tells me I'm not dimbing down any of the"smartphone" capabilities. I agree with "if you want a few days battery life get an an old crappy flip phone.

en28so

Reaction score
Oh no! I love my X and the ONLY reason I ever underclock is just to get more time. I've got the standard battery and keep a charger at my desk at work and in the car but I can't get close to a full day. I would love for someone to recommend the exact extended battery they use and the extended battery door and give me a link to it.

Have you checked out the verizon site? I use the extended battery from there. I think it's like $45 with free overnight shipping. It comes with the door too. It only adds about 1mm of thickness. Works great for me.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Have you checked out the verizon site? I use the extended battery from there. I think it's like $45 with free overnight shipping. It comes with the door too. It only adds about 1mm of thickness. Works great for me.
+1 on that. I was able to get the extended battery over Christmas 50% off during a Motorola/Verizon promotion so it was only $25! If you look for it, you're bound to find it at a good price and with the newer phones coming out, you might be able to get it at a similar bargain price.

Sbeck

Reaction score
I can't find the extended battery and door on Verizons website. Anyone got a part number or know where on the site it is?