Killer battery life on Liberty 0.7

mr_brady

Reaction score
Best battery life I've had on any ROM. Using the standard battery. Typically lasts only 10-12 hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
Best battery life I've had on any ROM. Using the standard battery. Typically lasts only 10-12 hours.

Damn, that's crazy. For an android at least, my old Nokia 5800 smart phone could go 2 days on that same use on stock battery. However, it was not as powerful of a phone, of course.

Have a friend who has one of those walmart tracfones, and he can go a week if he tried.

I'm surprised if my X makes it past the 10 hour mark, but that's with moderate usage.

Have another friend who has the original droid, over a year old, stock battery, ChevyNo1 ROM, and his usually lasted the same as yours with occasional usage.

Heoki

Reaction score
I've had my phone undervolted/overclocked and it lasts for over 3 days.

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
Are you underclocking or using any tweaks? Or is this just stock speed / voltage?

Using Droid Overclock, ULV 1Ghz. Stock speed, but less battery. I can tweak it to use much less voltage than ULV and still be stable, but haven't had a chance to do it yet.

idol

Reaction score
Are you underclocking or using any tweaks? Or is this just stock speed / voltage?

Using Droid Overclock, ULV 1Ghz. Stock speed, but less battery. I can tweak it to use much less voltage than ULV and still be stable, but haven't had a chance to do it yet.

What is ULV? Also is Droid Overclock an app on the market?

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Ulv is ultra low voltage. And yes Droid overclock can be found in the market for 2 or 3 bucks. Worth every penny.

yurdle

Reaction score
Ulv is ultra low voltage. And yes Droid overclock can be found in the market for 2 or 3 bucks. Worth every penny.

Yeah, JRummy does a really good job with his apps :), Definitely a dev to support.

Think I'm going to give the ULV 1GHz a shot on stock rooted GB

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Yea im getting a good 24+ hours of batt on v.7.

Sometimes even when @ 1.28 ghZ.

djstnick

Reaction score
Which governor are you using? I just started using the Smart-ass governor which is hidden in the droid over-clock settings, and I'm curious if you used it as well in this instance.

I'm currently running ulv 1.15 and not getting close to those times, albeit I just installed gb 0.7, haven't run it on a full charge yet.

I can't say enough how extatic I am about GB 0.7 though! best liberty release yet! First time I've run Liberty for more than a few hours.

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
Which governor are you using? I just started using the Smart-ass governor which is hidden in the droid over-clock settings, and I'm curious if you used it as well in this instance.

I'm currently running ulv 1.15 and not getting close to those times, albeit I just installed gb 0.7, haven't run it on a full charge yet.

I can't say enough how extatic I am about GB 0.7 though! best liberty release yet! First time I've run Liberty for more than a few hours.

Droid Overclock is reporting the OnDemand governor. I was on the ZombieStomped ROM for a week or so and noticed that was using InteractiveX governor, which I haven't heard of previously. Worked very well for speed and battery life.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also use quickclock advanced along with droid overclock. It calibrates your phone to find its personal min and max values regarding voltage and frequency. I use that to set my cpu and droid overclock to set the conservative governor

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

kvnhmmd

Reaction score

Here is mine at 1 day, 9 hours in. Stock CPU voltage/speed. Stock battery.

CAP2011061006591.jpg

Here is mine at 1d 17hours after a bit heavier usage. Stock CPU voltage/speed. This is on Liberty v0.7 Stock battery.

CAP201106101509.jpg

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If my phone was idle for 36% of that time, i may get that kind of time. Buuut my phone is seldom idle. Haha

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums