killer app thingy

Niffa

Reaction score
What the heck is the thing I'm suppose to hit that says kill selected apps? What, why, when, how? The sales chick just told me to do it.

trainryche

Reaction score
Atk

Advanced Task Killer. You can foind it in the market in top free apps. I find it works well however there is some debate over the neccessity. I find that my battery lasts twice as long when I use it several times a day.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
C'mon people -- there's a sticky at the top of this forum. Read the FAQ's. Search. Same as any other forum site. It's very unlikely that your question hasn't been asked before (if not countless times before). This site can be a useful resource if it isn't cluttered with identical threads.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

backlash

Reaction score
Does erase the app or just shut it down?
It just shuts it down, some start back up automagically though, like the corp calender, alarm clock and I think email.

I wish ATK had an option to always kill selected apps, instead of just ignoring them.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Does erase the app or just shut it down?
It just shuts it down, some start back up automagically though, like the corp calender, alarm clock and I think email.

I wish ATK had an option to always kill selected apps, instead of just ignoring them.

you want OS monitor... Kills the PID (process ID) ...

it just runs "top", a unix command.. advanced task killer is weak.. OS MONITOR kill the process, dont kill anything else but apps, imo...

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
actually i just killed the pid for corp cal and it came back.. i think task killer is useless.. os monitor to see if something is hogging mem or cpu, etc.. info and geeky and verbose, i really like it... plus and it uses dmesg..

droid is basically a unix box ;)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
actually i just killed the pid for corp cal and it came back.. i think task killer is useless.. os monitor to see if something is hogging mem or cpu, etc.. info and geeky and verbose, i really like it... plus and it uses dmesg..

droid is basically a unix box ;)

Yup...Pretty much....

karmajay

Reaction score
App Killers are not needed with Android OS....

i wouldn't say that, i downloaded some games today for the first time. After playing some and going back tot he home page, I noticed that my phone would not go back to standby. I downloaded ATK and all the games I had played were still running. I killed them and then it was able to go back to standby

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
App Killers are not needed with Android OS....
i wouldn't say that, i downloaded some games today for the first time. After playing some and going back tot he home page, I noticed that my phone would not go back to standby. I downloaded ATK and all the games I had played were still running. I killed them and then it was able to go back to standby

i would still prefer the NIX geek method and kill the pid.. ;)

backlash

Reaction score
Giving a OS Monitor a shot. I'm a Linux user, so it should be great, I guess, I hope.

I still don't see a way I can add alarm clock, calender or other crap to a kill list. Basically what I want is, anytime these come up, I want them killed.

Last edited:

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Giving a OS Monitor a shot. I'm a Linux user, so it should be great, I guess, I hope.

I still don't see a way I can add alarm clock, calender or other crap to a kill list. Basically what I want is, anytime these come up, I want them killed.

i like it.. i use unix and its very informational.. verbose