Kill Dock Mode Once and for All!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by thericcer, Nov 8, 2011.

1. thericcer

thericcer New Member

I know that there have been thousands of posts on the inter-tubes about this issue -- "I have a case with a magnet, how can I disable car dock mode?" -- but the answer, download --insert disable app here-- and it will stop it, is really not satisfactory for me...

I want to know how to kill this at the source, in the kernel. There is one app that comes close, NoDock, which uses a kernel module do disable some magnetometer events related to the dock (I suppose it's just the events related to being in either car dock mode [one magnetic polarity] or desk clock mode [the other polarity] because the compass still works, so the magnetometer is still working).

But my question is, why isn't this built into the kernel as an option? Why has no custom built rom added this as a feature in their settings app? Someone has figured it out, NOTHIZE creator of NoDock, but it is a seperate app that needs to be downloaded (and paid $3.00 for, not that I dislike supporting hard working developers) and it seems to me that this should be someting easy, something you can disable in the settings app.

Sorry for the rant, but has anyone found a good solution?
Search tags for this page
android disable dock mode
disable dock mode

disable dock mode android

disable dock mode htc dna
dock mode android
dock mode htc dna
droid dna dock mode
how to disable desk mode on android
how to turn off dock mode on droid dna
how to turn off dock mode on htc thunderbolt
htc dna dock mode