Kies App - I've about had it -

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by Neoart, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Neoart

Neoart Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Current Phone Model:
    S4 White SCH1545
    I finally give up - after messing with trying to get video playlists set up -

The first round was trying on the phone it self - that's totally worthless -
    Any new list folder made ends up Emulated by default with no possible way to force it to external SD.
    Sure enough - warning came up the first time doing this - it ate up every bit of internal memory.

I had roughly 60 video's and a couple movies loaded on the phone.
    The only way to get any video to go to EXT SD - was adding it to existing image file already on ext SD.
    I was OK with that.

But now makes it a joke - one can't change the name of the folder at any level.

____

Update - Today, after noticing system update for both the S4 & Kies -
    I decided to rip every video off the phone and start over going by the Steps in the Kies Help.

After a little issue of not being able to drag & drop video files into playlists within Kies.
    I followed the rules -
    creating all new playlists -
    Hitting the PLUS / add files to playlist is working just fine -
    but a painful slow process hand picking content concept from the computers files-
    It doesn't know where you left off to pick the next group picks for the next playlist. Oh well.

Get all the playlists loaded -
    Now to transport the playlists to the Phone. I pre-checked the phone - sure enough,
    No Videos period after deleting them.

That's another junk process of Kies - it takes forever to get any response.
    I should have just jerked out the SD card - and loaded it direct - but I was following the rules line for line.

I see progression bar complete the last step of loads - for less than 4GB worth - It took a while.
    Should have had 800 Firewire as connection - Anyway . . .

Dismount the phone -

Go to photo/image file - and every video is stacked in ONE folder - CAMERA.
    Not one Folder/Playlist made it to the phone - only the entire stack of video's in CAMERA folder-
    Checking the Details for Camera folder of one entry - it does say it's on the Ext SD - so that's cool.
    Ext SD is 60GB.

While I had deleted all the video's / Movies off the phone - I decided I'd send them all to one of my Video
    Apps on the Mac - Toast.
    I loaded in 10 video's at a time - and set the output to 264 for the entire stack of 60 files.

The end results came out great -
    It saved 2/3 the space on the Ext SD - by looking at the reason - it cut the Bit rate about in half - using 264.
    And viewing the file samples on the laptop - I cannot see any artifacts or destruction of quality.
    They were mostly mpeg-4 - or m4v - or mov files to begin with.

Had the playlists kept everything intact moving all playlists - I would have been a very happy hour camper.
    I have about 3 days of intense make over into this -
    Not sure I want anything more to do with the most worthless app I have ever worked with.

It makes you think all is going fine - but it's only a dream.
    Is it easy to tell - that this is my first Droid device - maybe 3 months ago.

Oh there's more to the story -
    It's call BackUp - we'll torture some later with that.

Then after phone update completes Tonite - It's 4 feet away on the couch -
    'S' voice just fires up out of no where - regardless never activated or allowed to.

Don't you guys worry about what the policy is using apps downloaded that say -
    we have the right to use your camera at will w/o your OK - Really?
    I'm about to put a piece of tape over the camera lens / both of them.

If you made it this far - you get a gold star on your fridge....and cold Heineken.
    Cheers

Search tags for this page

how to delete kies air for android

how to tell if there are hidden apps on my phone
i deleted the kies air app
kies air problems
scan for kies air server no devices solution