Kicked my Blackberry storm to the curb!

sandiegorealestate

Reaction score
Oh it feels so good. :icon_ banana: I just purchased a Droid X and got the HTC Incredible for my wife. They had a 2 for 1 special with Verizon. Anyways, I can't tell you how much I hated my Blackberry storm!!!

So I guess I have to join the Droid forums now since I am a Droid user and this seemed to be the most active forum in doing a little research.

Thanks,

Quick question, what is the best desktop program for managing contacts, backup, etc? Something similar to BB desktop manager. I use Outlook & Gmail and have a lot of contacts in my Outlook. Any suggestions would be great!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh it feels so good. :icon_ banana: I just purchased a Droid X and got the HTC Incredible for my wife. They had a 2 for 1 special with Verizon. Anyways, I can't tell you how much I hated my Blackberry storm!!!

So I guess I have to join the Droid forums now since I am a Droid user and this seemed to be the most active forum in doing a little research.

Thanks,

Quick question, what is the best desktop program for managing contacts, backup, etc? Something similar to BB desktop manager. I use Outlook & Gmail and have a lot of contacts in my Outlook. Any suggestions would be great!

See you're so happy to ditch your Blackberry Storm, as was I, but you're not ditching that Blackberry mentality.;)

Forget about desktop manager, this like Blackberry, that like Blackberry.

You have a Google phone. Your contacts are backed up in your gmail account. Your paid apps are all backed up in your download section of the Market.

As far as contacts in Outlook, what you will need to do is go to your gmail account, look at the settings and see how to import them to your gmail account at csv files. The instructions are right in there, and I believe Outlook also has instructions.

:welcome: to the Forum. Let us know if you need any other help.

BalistikBill

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum my friend. Enjoy yourself. Sky's the limit man.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
...yes welcome to the forum! Lots of information to find here!

...sent from my Rooted Droid 1 @ 1.25ghz using tapatalk

DavesPPC

Reaction score
Former blackberry user here as well....still having a hard time getting away from outlook....cannot wait until pocket informant is released for the X and hope it somehow syncs with gmail tasks and calander....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

styleznma

Reaction score
The storm sucked sooo much..... Congratz !!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

stevebalboni

Reaction score
i loved my BB and was torn,,,,but i am now DROID, capable of multi tasking!

thanks for that info