Keys stopped lighting up

joncromon

Reaction score
I upgraded to gb with the rooted 2 part installation and ever since then I notice my keys don't light like they normally would with froyo whenever you keep your screen active by touching it. It would light up almost randomly, and now as we speak it seems to have stopped lighting up. I'm sure a restart will fix it for a short amount of time, but it would be better if it worked overall.on top of that my battery sucks no matter what I try... I use the phone for 20 minutes on full charge and I'm down to 90 percent...really thinking about just flashing back to froyo

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've read that after installing new ROMs or OS you should calibrate the battery. I downloaded "battery calibrator" which just deletes the /data/system/batterystats.bin file so the OS will recreate it.

Not sure it helped.

Reaction score
I am not sure why but when I upgraded to gb with the ota my keys stopped lighting up. I recently decided to drop stock and rooted my phone and now my keys are lighting up again.

- DROIDX running Liberty GBv0.9 using DroidForums

OP
J

joncromon

Reaction score
I've tried calibrating, must have attempted to calibrate it 10 different times. Im thinking of flashing back to 2.2 clearing all data, backing up and cleaning my sd card, and then once again flashing the 2 part ota..sigh

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
The key lights do work fine on that ROM, but they have changed how they operate in GB. First, they are brighter. Second, the brightness levels seem to be higher at which they come on. This seems to be related to the erratic lighting of the keys.

P.S. CM7 lets you set the brightness levels yourself and uses the froyo kernel, so they are not blindingly bright. Just a note...