Keys on physical keyboard not responding

Kinobe

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody else got a problem with their physical keyboards? My D2G is only a week old, completely stock, and last night I realize 6 keys are no longer working. I don't know when it started as I've been using Swype in the last few days.

I haven't dropped the phone or wet it, and the keys are spread out (~, s, f, l ,b, i) so it can't be physical damage.

Just wondering if anybody else is encountering this, but I doubt it as a quick google search shows nothing.

Last thing I might try is to root & fission it just to prove that it's software, but fission 2.4.3 sounds iffy.

jcl197

Reaction score
Return it to the store and ask for a brand new replacement, they have to give you one, they enter it into their system as a DOA replacement. Also if there was any rebate involved they will print out a new rebate receipt for you as well. I had to get my D2G replaced twice, the 3rd one I was given finally worked properly. And then I bought a white D2G for my gf and ended up getting that one replaced two cuz there was a physical defect with the casing on it. Long story short it seems like they were some defective models put out on shelves, as i know others who had to swap phone when they just bought them so your not alone. You can also try doing a factory reset to see if that helps at all before going in for a return

OP
K

Kinobe

Reaction score
Trouble is I'm halfway across the world now, but I guess that's what I'll have to do.

For now Swype will be my best friend.

Thanks for the recommendation.

OP
K

Kinobe

Reaction score
So after much much much testing.... I've noticed that the problem persists ESPECIALLY when I'm on low batt (30% or less). That's not the say it doesn't happen other times, but usually just spamming the keys for a few seconds and it'll fix itself. Again, this must not be app related as I've done a factory reset and the problem stayed.

I'm at a loss... I can't swap the phone out and I can't find the cause of the problem.

When's the latest stable Fission release coming out? That maybe my last last hope (if it is indeed software).