Keypress Sound

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to make the Samsung keyboard stop clicking when you type?

My already-not-thrilled wife would like it to at least not make noise while I'm typing.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Settings>Sound Settings> audible touch tones

Samsung Galaxy Tab

OP
S
Reaction score
The closest thing that I have to that is "audible selection" but that only affects the noise made when making a menu selection, not the keyboard sound.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In my sound settings menu, its the option just above audible selection. Mine is a Tmobile tab.

If your using swype, theres also away to turn it off in the keyboard options. Swype information key> Options> Audio Feedback.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah I got the swype sound turned off, and mine is a Verizon version, though i am kind of surprised thatcher would be a difference in the same device like this.

I would use the swype keyboard but I tend to drag my fingers when I am typing with two hands and it leads to some ugly stuff.

Mighty

Reaction score
Try one of the sound widgets to set the volume for every little thing differently. Keyboard Pro rocks by the way. I use that instead of the stock keyboard or swype.

OP
S
Reaction score
I just decided to pick up better keyboard, at least there I have the option to theme my keyboard and turn off the sound.