Keypad letters/numbers coming off

kpoker

Reaction score
They are starting to peel off. I went to store, they want my insurance to pay for a new phone. Seems really dumb when there has to be a spot to just put on new numbers. Theyre basically glue adhesives. Any suggestions?

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
Yeah, im hoping someone has solved this

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I read that this was from too much typing on the keypad. Just wondering if that seems like it might be why with yours. My D1 (replacement--first one) seems okay, but I don't use the keypad as much as I thought I would (I think it's Twitter's fault, I don't type long unless on a computer keyboard).

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
I do text a decent amount but it would seem since these are put on with some adhesives, there would be a replacement pack for the letters.

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
Still no solutions or advice on this?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I dont understand -- what do you mean "a spot to put on new numbers"? The whole keypad is one piece of plastic.

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
Well its cut into individual squares. Some of these squares are coming off. Eventually they will all go. Are there any places who could re-secure these or any keypad stickers as extras. I definitely dont want a whole new phone and seems this has happened before. I have the motorola droid, are any of the new droids much better then this one? Maybe I could get a new one, hate to though.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Motorola Droid A855 OEM Keyboard Replacement
yhst-95074494282087_2143_9426472

$5.99