Keypad disappears during a call

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by kevinkidder, Aug 17, 2011.

1. expidia

expidia New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you see the setting the above poster is referring to?

My Charge looks the same as the pic he posted, but I don't see the "show dialpad" setting in his pic either.

I personally don't have any issues with my proximity sensor. It works as it should. I was just trying to help out the OP as I didn't see that setting on my Charge either!

2. Kimmrg

Kimmrg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, granted I am a very newbie (2 days), can you give me a little more info? My keyboard disappears just like explained here. I call voice mail, and to enter my password, 4 numbers, it lets me enter 2, then goes away. Any suggestions besides these? Thanks much

3. latebloomer

latebloomer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the deal for getting around the problem of inputting passwords and numbers when you make a phone call. It's not going to be ideal however. Turn on speakerphone and then it will no longer turn off the display at all. But it would be nice if there were a more complete fix for this problem.

4. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i agree with your first post and was simply clarifying that root does not change menu's in the other one, so were all gud :)

5. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    its a software issue i believe, be sure nothing (including you fingers :) ) are over the top right of the screen where the sensors are.
    i dont have this issue on GB. testing, i can move my finger over and away from the sensors and the screen promptly goes on and off respectively.

6. Lalia

Lalia New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if you still need help with this, but I had the same problem until about 2 minutes ago.

What I did, on my Accessibility settings, I had the "Power Buttons ends call" feature checked. I unchecked it and then tried calling my voicemail. Two seconds after I hit talk, the screen blacked out. I pressed the power key and voila! The dial pad came on. Problem solved.

Hope I (or someone else) helped!

7. dmann

dmann New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Keypad disappears when on a call?

If you have a screen protector, remove it. It is interfering with your light sensor. You have probably also experienced some other odd screen behavior. I did as well before removing the protector.

8. BenGoodLuck

BenGoodLuck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found this solution on another forum and it worked for me (Samsung Galaxy S4):

If you're like me, you press the key pad with your index finger and your middle finger will wave up and out, RIGHT in front of the sensor (next to the camera on the front). The key pad is being disabled because the face-sensor is being triggered by your other fingers.

Try this: just stick out your index finger, keep the rest of your fingers knuckled. See if it still disappears when you use the keypad now.

Search tags for this page
android call screen disappears
android dial pad disappears
android phone keypad disappears

dial pad disappears android

droid dial pad disappears
galaxy s3 keypad disappears

galaxy s3 keypad disappears during calls

keypad disappears during call

samsung galaxy s3 dial pad disappears

samsung galaxy s3 keypad disappears