Keyloggers/Trojans

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by stanwelks, Jan 5, 2010.

1. stanwelks

stanwelks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have any keyloggers or trojans been identified on Android OS yet? Is there a real concern yet?

Thanks.

2. justbob

justbob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't install software from untrusted sources and you should be fine.

3. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea,

that truly counts.... use your brain.

But so far, ive not heard about malware for android beeing succesfully pushed onto a droid/milestone. Its not rooted yet and a lot of Malware needs root to mess around.

Tigger

4. stanwelks

stanwelks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A trusted source means the Marketplace, right? I thought the Market is not screened like iTunes? Doesn't that mean anyone could upload something to it, including malware?

5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    There are no confirmed viruses or malware on Android. Just use common sense. If you're unsure, only install from the Market... but there are plenty of apk's floating around from OS ports that are safe to install. To each there own.

*When will the paranoia end?*

6. FoFa

FoFa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IDK, I sort of remember seeing a thread about a Droid searching the web on it's own at night, and texting contacts,

OH WAIT!

That was a charger issue :icon_ devil:

7. stanwelks

stanwelks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not being paranoid, just cautious here. I am a Mac user so this worrying about Malware is all new to me. My question about the Market is still unanswered though. If the Marketplace is not filtered by anyone like the iTunes store is filter by Apple, what stops someone from creating an app that has something installed in it? Even if there is some type of virus scanning software, it would not detect a trojan keylogger, would it? Resulting in all of us using some app right now without knowing that data is being sent back to someone.

Is there sometype of way to track/block data from being sent from Droid to someone else?

8. justbob

justbob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That depends on the currency of the signatures the program uses. Bottom line is, if you're unsure of it, don't install it. Read the reviews and look at how many downloads the app has.

9. chrisoverly

chrisoverly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should be more afraid of "malware" on your Apple, and since their updates have even been known to delete everything if you enable your guest account I would be worried for my data if I were you.

To help ease your worry, there are a couple of programs in the Marketplace that are free such as: "Mobile Security" (what I use, it was previously called Flexilis) and "Antivirus Free". Google also backs up your contacts using your Google Account and there are programs that allow you to integrate Google Docs on your phone (GDocs).

Chris

10. Carlos21

Carlos21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,you can try to use ActyMac DutyWatch.It’s tool for computer monitoring.I use it’s for record all website visited my employees and i know what they do.Try.It’s must be helpful to your.:icon_ banana:

11. mattygabe

mattygabe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, first I'm a bit disappointed that Mac users have that false sense of security. Not sure if this will make you feel any better, but: all computers/devices are hackable, and have security issues. If the user can install software in any way, that raises the concern ten-fold just because you are doing something as an uninformed user.

That being said, much like the Mac products, you are somewhat protected by the fact that there is not a large amount of people using Android. Malicious users that make viruses/malware generally go after platforms that have a very large user base (like Windows), so platforms like Mac and Linux generally don't have as many problems. Android (your phone's OS) is a derivative of Linux and also does not have a relatively large user base. Therefore there aren't any confirmed viruses yet.

Like everyone else said, use discretion. Look at how many other people are using them. Unsure about an app? Don't install it, try to find some reviews on it. Come to DroidForums.net and ask a question about it. Malware makers prey on users who use no discretion (ahem, the 1000-apps-installed-on-my-facebook-account guy), so as long as you pay attention to what you're doing, you'll be fine.

Besides, don't necessarily look for an antivirus program to "keep you safe", another problem people have is that since they install an AV program, they get a false sense of security, and then continue doing stupid things like visiting questionable sites and installing software without thinking twice about it. Just about every PC I've "cleaned up" had some form of antivirus AND malware remover on it. They do no good if you don't do your part, too.

Aside from being a pretty unintelligible post, what exactly are you trying to provide the OP with here? "ActyMac" or whatever it is sounds like a desktop application, the OP is speaking about antivirus protection on the Droid. And how can anything "be helpful to your :icon_ banana:?" Confused.

12. Carlos21

Carlos21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry,I told about keylogger,i gave the answer to this question

Search tags for this page
android keylogger detector
android keylogger scan
android keylogger scanner
android keylogger virus
android virus keylogger
androud keylogger virus