Keyboards again

Dolly

Reaction score
Coming from the OG Droid I kinda expected the same stock keyboard with punctuation choices and good predictive word choices built in. Also I can't save sides I use frequently. The Bionic doesn't offer that and I can't find another one as good. Currently using GO. I'm not a fast texter nor a swyper . Is there any better that you recommend?

OP
D

Dolly

Reaction score
I tried swiftkey and didn't like it. Will try smart.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lm2

Reaction score
SwiftKeyX gets better after you use it for a week or so. You get quicker and it learns how (badly) you type. Never thought it'd be better for me than swype, but now I'm sticking with SwiftKey.

crimattyple

Reaction score
I also vote for SwiftKey. I used Swype for 2 yrs on my OG. Now with the Bionic I can't access any new betas of Swype because it's preloaded. Swiftkey is really amazing in it's predictions. Makes typing fast and easy.

dolpns13

Reaction score
What's the difference between swiftkey and handcent? I like the swype action keyboard in theory. I don't know if it's the preinstalled swype on my Rezound or if it's handcent but the swype action is horrible. It never populates the right word. Sometimes the word is way off. Like ill swype, "fast" and "fantasia" will populate.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

TatDroid

Reaction score
Been a dedicated SwiftKeyX user for quite a while now. The more you use it, the better it gets at predicting. About half the words in this post were predicted in 1 letter or LESS. That's right, after a while it will predict your next word BEFORE you start typing it. Scary...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the swype action keyboard in theory. I don't know if it's the preinstalled swype on my Rezound or if it's handcent but the swype action is horrible. It never populates the right word. Sometimes the word is way off. Like ill swype, "fast" and "fantasia" will populate.

I don't have that much of a problem with Swype on Handcent. I do have to watch as if I swype "at" it comes up as "st."

You might want to try TouchPal. It's a free keyboard in the Market and is very similar to Swype.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
You sound like you're looking for more than just a good typing keyboard... check out "hackers keyboard" in the market... give it some time and get familiar with the settings... it's got a lot of the stuff we're missing since the physical days of OG droid... I don't see a lot of people talk about it here but check out the ratings and comments on the app... the people that use it ...swear by it

dolpns13

Reaction score
I don't have that much of a problem with Swype on Handcent. I do have to watch as if I swype "at" it comes up as "st."

You might want to try TouchPal. It's a free keyboard in the Market and is very similar to Swype.

I just tried to type "hilarious" in a text and "dildo" came up.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Lately I've been using the 30-day free trial of TypeSmart and have become a big fan. Previously I swore by Swiftkey X, but TypeSmart seems to do better with prediction and also has more themes (and they are much better looking). The "any-key" feature is also a nice addition. You have to use it for awhile though, as it learns your style over time. After a couple days of use you should start to see good prediction results. I intend to purchase the full version when my trial runs out (currently $3.75).

OP
D

Dolly

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'll try some of your recommendations.

bk1242

Reaction score
Does anyone who uses swiftkeyx have the problem of accidentally deleting the word you just typed? I downloaded it last night and can't figure out why whenever I try to type quickly it seems to delete the word I just typed and start over. I'm not sure I'll be able to get used to this.