keyboard

KeepItReal

Reaction score
While it may not have the 12 punctuations, SWYPE does provide extra characters when you long press on any key.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
I've been a swype fan since the early beta's. Tried all the rest, but always come back. The version included on the S4 isn't the full product from what I can see, but very close and more than functional for how I use it!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While it may not have the 12 punctuations, SWYPE does provide extra characters when you long press on any key.

True that. Long press gives secondary characters, longer press gives even more to choose from. I'm still learning new things but my most used trick is gestures for cut/copy/paste/select all functions.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Hi guys I hope I'm allowed to ask this. It is related to keyboard. Does anyone know if you can "shift" or "control" on any keyboard stock Galaxy S4 or other. I really need the function to be able to "control" and click on something on a work website. Thanks in advance.

《Sent from my Galaxy S4》

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im using "jellybean keyboard" its free in the play store has autocorrect.... works well but i wished it had the number row..

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
BUMP:

Hi guys I hope I'm allowed to ask this. It is related to keyboard. Does anyone know if you can "shift" or "control" on any keyboard stock Galaxy S4 or other. I really need the function to be able to "control" and click on something on a work website. Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score

joemontana

Reaction score
I tried Swiftkey and Swype, neither one of them really fired me up. Now I'm trying SlideIt. Has anyone used it? If so, what are your thoughts?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried Swiftkey and Swype, neither one of them really fired me up. Now I'm trying SlideIt. Has anyone used it? If so, what are your thoughts?

I've used it quite a bit. Not as accurate at sloppy slides as Swype but more accurate than Swift key. It's got some really cool features but not accurate enough for me. The next word suggestion add on isn't free and killed the speed on my phone during trial period, not worth paying extra IMO
Fwiw I'm using the Google keyboard at the moment. It's OK but kinda tiny .
I really enjoy SlideIT if I'm not in a big hurry.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks. No reviews from a Galaxy S4 user yet though. Could that be a problem? Several reviews mention it's buggy. But if it's the only keyboard that allows control and shift keys I guess it's wish a try right?

~Joe
★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

That keyboard is very configurable and has lots of language support. Like you said, can't hurt to check it out.

Last edited:

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Just tried it and unfortunately it can't seem to do what I need which is while on a webpage in Chrome be able to show up so I can hit the control key and select multiple items on the webpage. Anyone know if there is a way to force the keyboard to popup on command while on a webpage? Thanks.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★