keyboard

msu

Reaction score
Just got my Droid 2 Global and coming from D1.

question is, where in the heck is the forward slash on the hard keyboard??

Also, none of my apps re synced, besides google ones.

Last edited:

born2golf

Reaction score
I don't think it exists. I am using the swiftkey keyboard, but this is how I do it. Keep the D2 in landscape mode, then slide the keyboard shut which will launch the touch keyboard. On the bottom left press the 123 button, then press the {&= button which is also on the lower left.

Again these instructions are using the swiftkey keyboard. I installed this on day one so I have no experience with the stock keyboard. However, I would also suggest adopting swiftkey as it's word completion is fantastic and make typing VERY fast.

solar

Reaction score
The forward slash is the one you see physically on the keyboard along with the question mark. You can get to the back slash with the keyboard open by hitting ALT, SYM (spacebar). This wil bring up the mising symbols including the back slash. :motdroidhoriz:

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Duh = me... Thanks

Any info on why my apps didn't re sync?

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
one other thing, I'm new to the D2 from my rooted D1 and I remember in my setting somewhere I could set the screen to not shut off while I'm charging. Is that still available. I can't seem to find it in the settings and it is driving me nuts when the screen shuts off.

born2golf

Reaction score
The forward slash is the one you see physically on the keyboard along with the question mark. You can get to the back slash with the keyboard open by hitting ALT, SYM (spacebar). This wil bring up the mising symbols including the back slash. :motdroidhoriz:

Nice trick. Thanks!

born2golf

Reaction score
one other thing, I'm new to the D2 from my rooted D1 and I remember in my setting somewhere I could set the screen to not shut off while I'm charging. Is that still available. I can't seem to find it in the settings and it is driving me nuts when the screen shuts off.

--> settings/applications/development

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score

--> settings/applications/development

thanks

I really wonder why they bury it there. Anyhoo..

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
How in the world do i turn off vibration when i hit a key!? On gb it was simple to figure out but now i feel just plain dumb.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
You should just have to go to settings>language & input>whichever keyboard you use> and uncheck the box that says something like sound on key press.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

mattjenn

Reaction score
If its stock keyboard go to settings> language input> to the right of Motorola input touch its settings button you can uncheck box to turn it off or scroll to bottom to advance user settings and you can just lower vibration level

biggdave92

Reaction score
so, the factory s4 keyboard is kinda getting on my nerves. it does not have auto correct that i know of. can someone tell me how to turn it on or what keyboard i should download?