Keyboard Stick Error

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Development' started by skostos, Feb 1, 2012.

1. skostos

skostos Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok so I tried everything u said I am typing this on ai right now but still no luck with the stick I have the kernel and aokp and thats it no other downloads.. what are your voltage settings.. u are on a verizon nexus right not a gsm?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    If you are talking to me, then those are the only changes that I can think of that would impact this issue. I am running with the default voltages for the kernel (I don't change anything after I installed it). The only other things I can think of is that I install Spare Parts and it has options to turn off Screen Animations and Screen Transitions. But I seem to recall you can do that from the main settings menu - maybe under Display??

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it back here.

Oh, I just thought of another difference - I use SPB Sheel 3D as my Home Screen/Launcher app.

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    It's SPB Shell 3D launcher!! I just cleared defaults on this launcher and then selected the native launcher as default. I opened Gmail and started to create a new email. While the keyboard was on screen, I pressed the Home button and the keyboard stayed visible for about half a second! I then cleared the defaults on the native launcher and selected SPB Shell 3D as my default launcher. I then went back to the Gmail with the open keyboard and pressed home - no keyboard lag/stick at all!!

Good luck

4. JaysDroid2

JaysDroid2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine also does it, does it rooted with built in nova launcher, did stock unrooted with stock launcher, i use swiftkey and it doesnt bother me anymore, if this is the worst bug/glitch then im gooooood

5. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    just a quick update.. the new 4.0.4 update floating around still has the same issue.. just so ya know..

I agree it's not horrible but it is a tad annoying to me..

6. skostos

skostos Member

Ratings:
    +2
    yep 4.0.4 definitely did not address the problem.. nor did the spb shell 3d 15 dollar home replacement app.. so I was wondering.. is there a way to change the order of operations when home is pressed? I bet if there is we could set keyboard closure to be the very first thing and then whatever other ops have to run to bring home back up.. anyone know anything about how to do this?

Search tags for this page

galaxy nexus keyboard stopped working

samsung 3 keyboard is sticking