Keyboard Slide Issue

ryancoleman

Reaction score
My keyboard doesn't seem to slide out quite as easily as it did when new. Also, when fully open the right side of the screen doesn't open quite as far as the left. It isn't covering any of the keys, but it is close enough to them to make it slightly difficult to type. Does anyone know how to separate the two parts and possibly clean out the grooves they slide on?:happy2:​

I just recently replaced the screen on my sister's LG Ally using a guide I found online. It really isn't all that complicated and I think I could also disassemble my D2G without much difficulty if I could find a similar guide, does anyone know where or even if one exists?

Last edited:

juv3

Reaction score
Quit puting it in the same pocket u put the cigarettes in lol if u fix it

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to separate the two parts and possibly clean out the grooves they slide on?​
The problem is that there's a flex cable going inbetween these two parts and it's an extremely delicate existence.

I'd suggest contacting Motorola support, they probably can perform that cleaning task rather well.

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
I don't put anything in that pocket except my phone and possibly a couple quarters. I do work in some pretty dirty environments. Sand metal dust, and any other dust you can think of is always around me.

lpulle

Reaction score
I have sand in my horseshoe pit and I have noticed small amounts of sand getting between the keyboard. Guess I'LL leave the phone at home. Nobody calls a 74 old man anyway

Sent from my DROID2

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I'd say drop your D2G a few times. You're keyboard will guaranteed by loose before you know it. But it's gotta be facedown to work really well. :biggrin:

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
I just recently replaced the screen on my sister's LG Ally using a guide I found online. It really isn't all that complicated and I think I could also disassemble my D2G without much difficulty if I could find a similar guide, does anyone know where or even if one exists?