KEYBOARD: Replacement piece??

biglipps66

Reaction score
I text and email WAY too much on the keyboard.. its literally bubbling up like mad crazy making it hard to even use now.

Does anyone know if we can find replacements yet? I would just take it in and ***** about it but seeing that its rooted... may be an issue.

Bdog

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and I barely had mine a little over a month. I've seen tons of complaints on the keyboard, and am sure this is a common problem. Does VZW allow you to exchange for this? Is it covered under the warranty or at least the insurance?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Would be interested in seeing a picture of the keyboard. I've had my Droid for 6 months and I'm a medium texter and my keyboard hasn't done this at all.

OP
biglipps66

biglipps66

Reaction score
Ill see if I can get decent pics with my camera.

The best way I can describe it is... keypad peeling up off the keys.. so there is an extra press to the pad before the pad actually touches the key underneath. Its pretty annoying for sure.

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Mine's even worse than this; it's so bad that I can't push space, a, or backspace. When I push any of them it types in a random string of letters and numbers, which is impossible to get around. And I went into Verizon yesterday and they said they can't do anything about it.

OP
biglipps66

biglipps66

Reaction score
Mine's even worse than this; it's so bad that I can't push space, a, or backspace. When I push any of them it types in a random string of letters and numbers, which is impossible to get around. And I went into Verizon yesterday and they said they can't do anything about it.

Found a couple on eBay, dont know if anyones tried eBay ones yet but they look real legit. Yours is def worse than mine EEK :icon_eek:

Bdog

Reaction score
My problem is similar to biglipps66. The entire pad tends to convex off the keyboard, giving that extra press, along with other keys being pushed down as well. Nothing like Anonymouse, but I have noticed inaccurate typing that I first blamed on clumsy typing, but now think otherwise.

I tried taking pictures, but couldn't come up with anything clear. It is noticeable though, and rather annoying.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score

My space bar was slightly sticky and Verizon replaced my Droid with a new one. It was less than 2 months old. I think you had a bad service rep, I would try a different store or just call customer service and have them send you a Droid with a working keyboard.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Can't you guys just use one of the virtual keyboards - either the one that came pre-installed (which I'm not real fond of, myself) or one of the numerous ones that you can download and install? Swype, Better Keyboard, the HTC keyboard that you can design your own color scheme for...the possibilities are almost endless. I almost never use the physical keyboard on my Droid, since I have all those alternatives.

-Mike

Bdog

Reaction score
That's what I'm being forced to do, but the deciding factor to getting this Droid instead of the Incredible in May was the physical keyboard, and it's what's already got me sold on the Droid2 over DroidX.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
Can't you guys just use one of the virtual keyboards - either the one that came pre-installed (which I'm not real fond of, myself) or one of the numerous ones that you can download and install? Swype, Better Keyboard, the HTC keyboard that you can design your own color scheme for...the possibilities are almost endless. I almost never use the physical keyboard on my Droid, since I have all those alternatives.

-Mike

I could use the virtual keyboard, however, I want to use the physical keyboard instead. But thanks, you've been really helpful.

eliassami5

Reaction score
some people say its caused by heat, others say that its easier to type on with the bubbled keys. Mine is still flat so i cant really give any more incite.

Bdog

Reaction score
Do the flat keyboards have this problem with bubbling? Mine are bubbled, and I could blame it on this Texas heat (100+), but I rarely spend any time outside. Maybe just an un-a/c'ed car drive here or there.