keyboard questions

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I just picked my s4 up today. For having such a wide screen, the keys feel so small... anyone using a non stock keyboard? The fact that it only offers suggestions but doesnt actually autocorrect is driving me crazy also!

GVLBob

Reaction score
There are several alternate keyboards to try. Google Keyboard is pretty good, but I use SwiftKey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some others to try are TouchPal and Swype. SwiftKey does get high marks.

GVLBob

Reaction score
So a lot of people arnt a fan of the stock keyboard?

I don't think I would say it that way. It's just that there are a number of good keyboards available. They are all slightly different. I would try several of the main ones and decide which one you like best. There isn't one right choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bbtkd

Reaction score
I had Swiftkey on my OG Droid and on my Bionic, but when I went to the S4 I decided to try stock everything. It only took me a week to switch back to Swiftkey. Swiftkey is better at prediction, and I was just used to it after 3+ years.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Prediction is the principal reason to use SwiftKey in my opinion.

joinorgage

Reaction score
It only took me a week to switch back to Swiftkey. Swiftkey is better at prediction, and I was just used to it after 3+ years.
mPTy

bsghs02

Reaction score
I like the Google Keyboard, just miss the custom colors of SwiftKey but it's smoother to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Droid Forums

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I like the built-in Swype keyboard. For me, it's much faster than hitting individual keys one at a time.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me add a +1 for SwiftKey. It's nice to have the extra number row of the stock, but I've used SwiftKey since my OG Droid days. Gotten used to it I guess.

reybie

Reaction score
I was content with Swype but I didn't like that you can't use Google's speech engine instead of their Dragon dohicky, SwiftKey did so that's what I'm using right now. I can still swipe words but still getting used to it.