Keyboard not responding

Chinaski3

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my droid x touchscreen keyboard. Every few times I try to text someone the keyboard doesn't work properly. The screen/letters will light up but the words never actually appear on the message line. Has anyone else had this problem? Usually if I exit out of the messaging app a few times it will eventually work. I have been mostly using handcent...but it also does it with the stock messenger app.

CxUNG

Reaction score
Couple things you can try.
1.Reboot
If that doesn't work

2. Try a battery pull for a minute or so and then put it back in.
If that doesn't work

3. Try doing a system factory data reset (make sure you have your contacts backed up to google prior to doing) If that doesn't work and it keeps doing it frequently take it back. The phone isn't hacked and the warranty should still be in place. Let me know how it works out.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
that happened to mine before it was the yahoo messanger app once i uninstalled it never had that problem again

jjfan71

Reaction score
that happened to mine before it was the yahoo messanger app once i uninstalled it never had that problem again
i have the same prob with yahoo messenger also. any idea why this happens with yahoo???