1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Keyboard not as flat as desribed.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by compwrench, Nov 29, 2009.

1. compwrench

compwrench New Member

I have read a couple of reviews that said the keyboard keys were not as rounded as other phones. I have large hands and are less sensitive than most due to my profession. I have read dozens of reviews deciding if I should Droid so I went for a hands on at the store and found the keys to be a lot friendlier than reviewed.
  2. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

x2

..and I am a "beginner" when it comes to using a keyboard on a phone. Also have large hands/fingers that are beat up from years of wrenching etc. Keyboard usage seems much easier than I ever thought it would be and actually usable compared to other phones I tried. The small keyboards on the BBs I checked out weren't usable at all for me, one of my fingers was bigger than the whole keyboard.. only came in handy for pressing all keys at once :)
  3. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

I'm in a bit of a quandry between keyboard and case. I like having a case on my phone but with my large thumbs it makes it nearly impossible to type with any sort of speed or accuracy. If I had a dollar for every time I typed "thatj" or otherwise accidently hit the keys below the top row because the case pushed my thumb down I could buy another Droid or two.

I'm thinking about letting my Droid run naked as a result.
  4. D3C4F

D3C4F New Member

I have the same problem... my case is constantly getting in the way of my thumbs when using the keyboard. Half the time I just use the touch screen keyboard, but I like the qwerty. So I may be taking my case off soon as well...
  5. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

Cases on slider phones....

Have you looked into the proctective skins that cover the phone, its just kinda like a thick protective sticker for the entire phone. I had a case on mine for all of five minutes, actually had it off as soon as I got in the car, lol.

I love the keyboard also, I was debating it at first but after reading reviews that said it only takes a little getting used to I decided to go for it and now I'm glad I did. The keys are hard to press when you first start using the phone but after that break in period, I have been able to type pretty fast on it. I also thought the D-pad would be useless, but I'm finding that it comes in handy when trying to edit and delete text.