Keyboard looks different on my dx

OP
M

marc434

Reaction score
I jumped ahead of myself. I did not download any kind of app to make my keyboard look any different. Can anyone shed some light on this and how can I get my old keyboard back. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Not sure you can get the old keyboard back without going back to froyo via sbf... maybe someone else can be more help. The keyboard changed because you updated to gingerbread and it has a complete different layout than froyo did

wyld

Reaction score
There are apps on the market for changing the way you keyboard looks I use betterkeyboard and the skins to change the way it looks if search there might be Froyo keyboard app

OP
M

marc434

Reaction score
So this update that my phone had last night is the froyo update? So does that mean I can change my color theme or I still have to be rooted for that? New tio all this, still trying to figure my x out.

dbst

Reaction score
So this update that my phone had last night is the froyo update? So does that mean I can change my color theme or I still have to be rooted for that? New tio all this, still trying to figure my x out.

That was the GB update, you don't need to be rooted to use a different keyboard

wyld

Reaction score
No the most recent update for the Droid x is gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware 4.5.596 system version and no can't theme. Or custom rom unless rooted

wyld

Reaction score
Fee and paid apps in the market to change keyboard and skins no root needed for that

OP
M

marc434

Reaction score
Thank you wyld. Greatly appreciated.

j-brone

Reaction score
To all you people unhappy about the keyboard change since the gb update, I too was unhappy about it so I downloaded the app perfect keyboard. I've tried several keyboard apps and have been disappointed with all of them until I found this one. I am now glad I was forced to look for a replacement because this one is great! Many options to personalize and very intuitive. My speed has increased dramatically! Oh ya btw you can find it free on four squared if you want