Keyboard like an iphone?

mi_fiveo

Reaction score
I had an iphone for two years and I was able to type very fast with it even though my hands are very large. The auto correct fixed almost
everything I mistyped. Now I have a Droid Razr and I can't type worth a **** on it. I misspell everything I type due to my large thumb. I tried swiftkey and it was a little better but not much. I dont like how you have to manually select the word suggestions. I much prefer the
iphone style where they were fixed automatically as you type. Are there any apps that make the keyboard similar to the iphone one? Any other suggestions?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Skype is very good, but these things are like trying to pick your favorite child.

I hate Swift key X for example but many like.

There is a iPhone emulator on the market /play store what ever its called.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SwiftKey should auto complete your suggestions. Just go in to the settings and then go to advanced and make sure the "space bar will..." setting is set to complete current word.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zandar

Reaction score
My advice would be to spend about fifteen minutes to a half-hour really getting to know Swype; do the tutorials, practice a bit, get to know the special features like the number pad and editing palette, etc. It's a very small time investment for a very big payoff. Remember the days of taking a four week class to learn a program? Thirty minutes isn't a lot to ask.

-Sliced from my RAZR

osirhis

Reaction score
Swype does take a lot to get used to. Have you tried using Go Keyboard?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I use Ultra Keyboard. You can customize the height and width of the keys and the auto correct seems like what you are looking for. The developer is always working on it to improve things and or take suggestions.

Here is the 48 hour fully functional trial

William_04_x

Reaction score
Zandar said:
My advice would be to spend about fifteen minutes to a half-hour really getting to know Swype; do the tutorials, practice a bit, get to know the special features like the number pad and editing palette, etc. It's a very small time investment for a very big payoff. Remember the days of taking a four week class to learn a program? Thirty minutes isn't a lot to ask.

-Sliced from my RAZR

I never realized the potential of Swype until I saw someone that was proficient using it. It can be an unbelievably fast input method once you get good. I use it all the time now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I never realized the potential of Swype until I saw someone that was proficient using it. It can be an unbelievably fast input method once you get good. I use it all the time now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Swype allows me to create a text in 5 seconds that would take 20-30 seconds to type out. Yes there is a little bit of a learning curve, but after a few days you'll be so good with it you'll never know how you ever lived without it.

I compare it to going from rotary dial to touchpad dialing (most of you are too young to remember that), it does make me much more efficient.

osirhis

Reaction score
Swype allows me to create a text in 5 seconds that would take 20-30 seconds to type out. Yes there is a little bit of a learning curve, but after a few days you'll be so good with it you'll never know how you ever lived without it.

I compare it to going from rotary dial to touchpad dialing (most of you are too young to remember that), it does make me much more efficient.

The thing for me was that I used Swype for close to six months and I never did get used to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
JohnnytheK said:
Skype is very good, but these things are like trying to pick your favorite child.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Lmao, but very true! Swype is excellent but there are so many apps that do similar...flex is another one that works very well. Some Swype apps learn better than others. But as suggested, once you take some time to learn it, you won't know how you got along without it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums