94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
motaumar said:
So i reset the home screen and it has the same problem.

Have you cleared data in the multi touch app or the swype app? Which ever you use. And if this in a problem in text messaging, clear data for the text message app. Other than this... if your phone is still lagging you should see how much ram your phone has available.

It sounds trivial but look in storage and see how much data you have used.

A more relative issue may be how many apps you have running. Do you use the factory task manager? Do you have your apps set to auto kill? If not you should.

Are you using a 3rd party app killer? You should consider removing it if you are. The factory task manager is designed to operate with your device and minimize errors and force close issues.

How big is your SD card? Are you running a 2,4,8,16,32,64?? How full is it?

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
I have another issue now. Sometimes when I go to my home screen its blank and like everything loads backup on it. A the sticky notes I have aren't opening they r showing up blank with a frozen loading symbol on it.
Why?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Boot into safe mode, see if this problem persists. If it does, you may try a fdr. Back up everything as far as texts and data. But you need to go into privacy. Uncheck the restore option, this will give you a clean slate to work with.

I just did this last night. No fun, but I wanted to do a fdr before ICS anyways.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
I have another issue now. Sometimes when I go to my home screen its blank and like everything loads backup on it. A the sticky notes I have aren't opening they r showing up blank with a frozen loading symbol on it.
Why?

Do you have a 3rd party task killer/manager installed?

Sent from my Fist, using your Face

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
No I don't have a third party task manager.
But a foreclose notice frequently comes up about my hone screen not responding unexpectedly. This has been happening ever since I took the advice of clearing the data on my home screen app.

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Boot into safe mode, see if this problem persists. If it does, you may try a fdr. Back up everything as far as texts and data. But you need to go into privacy. Uncheck the restore option, this will give you a clean slate to work with.

I just did this last night. No fun, but I wanted to do a fdr before ICS anyways.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

Can you go into more detail. I don't really know the technical terms and what not

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Can you go into more detail. I don't really know the technical terms and what not

Are you sure you cleared data on the text app, and the home screen app?? Did you try the multi touch keyboard app??? If you're sure, proceed... if not, you should really do these ^^ 3 things first... if you did, proceed

OK, WARNING, by proceeding, you will have to redownload all of your apps and reset your home screen. But since you've already reset your home screen once, this shouldn't be a big deal.

You should think about removing your SD card from the phone before you start, just in case.. better safe than sorry
Go into settings, privacy, tap on backup and automatic restore. (This will give you a fresh clean start, just like a brand new device) tap factory data reset. Follow the prompts... DO NOT SELECT ERASE SD CARD!!!!

Then select erase everything. The device will handle the rest..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!