Keyboard lag

kookk

Reaction score
Sometimes I get awful keyboard lag in portrait. Itndoesnt miss type, its just really behind. Sometimes it works great like right now.

I've gotten this both on code name android and the cm9 nightlies. Could it be due to something in set CPU? I have it all the way down when the phone is asleep and when I wake it up the screen lags until the phone seems "warmed up"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes some have reported cases of keyboard lag. You can fix it by turning off predictive text I think. It's a small bug that should be fixed in 4.0.4 I believe

CJLee89

Reaction score
Sometimes I get awful keyboard lag in portrait. Itndoesnt miss type, its just really behind. Sometimes it works great like right now.

I've gotten this both on code name android and the cm9 nightlies. Could it be due to something in set CPU? I have it all the way down when the phone is asleep and when I wake it up the screen lags until the phone seems "warmed up"

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/2...ice-cream-sandwich-keyboard-in-landscape-mode

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
It isn't in landscape. Its in portrait. I alreat tried the fix from Droid life and it didn't do anything

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

It could be the result of the sleeping at 350mhz deal. The phone may have to kick up the cpu a bit to keep up with the fast typing! Try putting the Gov at performance for a while and see if that fixes it. I bet it does.

azules9780

Reaction score
My lag is in landscape. It's so bad that I don't even try to type that way anymore.

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
I've put it in performance and that seems to work but won't running at Max speed constantly destroy my battery?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My lag is in landscape. It's so bad that I don't even try to type that way anymore.

Did you try disabling spelling correction in settings>language and input>uncheck spelling correction?

It doesn't remove auto correct, just fixes the lag problem in landscape.

dvivino

Reaction score
Liderc is exactly correct.

bacalao

Reaction score
This only happened for me after I flashed an unofficial update and mainly lags only when I type in the browser.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Keyboard fix

I downloaded ICS Keyboard in G Play and that fixed it. I tried a bunch of others and this works well. No more lag in landscape mode.