keyboard "lag"

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i am not really sure what to call what I am experiencing and lag was the only word that came to mind.. I will describe what the issue is.. When i am texting and hit the home key after sending a message the keyboard stays on the screen shortly while the home screen is in the background.. you can see it in the video..

is anyone else having this issue.

Right now I am on Pete's Bugless Beast 1-18-12 nightly, but it has persisted across all ROMS that i can think of.. I would like to know if someone who is stock is having the same issue? It happens with both Nova launcher beta 13 and with the stock ICS launcher..

Here is the video..
[video=youtube;H6KaUtM5tcU]http://youtu.be/H6KaUtM5tcU[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm that certainly is a bit of lag. I personally use handcent and once the message is sent, the keyboard disappears. Using Android Revolution

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Yeah I have the same issue. Gonna install handcent and see if it still does it. I personally noticed it after I first rooted. Been happening on every single rom since

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Yeah I have the same issue. Gonna install handcent and see if it still does it. I personally noticed it after I first rooted. Been happening on every single rom since

so then can anyone who is stock confirm if this happens or not b/c i can't remember.. If I have to i will make a nandroid and go back stock just to check.. maybe it's something in the 4.0.3 since all the roms i can remember testing are based off that firmware...

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Hmm that certainly is a bit of lag. I personally use handcent and once the message is sent, the keyboard disappears. Using Android Revolution

hmm your comment almost makes me think it is a 4.0.3 issue as android revolution rom is on of the few ROMS that i know of that uses the 4.0.2 firmware...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine does it as well when in portrait mode, but not in landscape mode.

I use the stock keyboard with SMS pop up app.

I haven't thought of it as lag as much as it's just transitioning the messaging app first, then the keyboard second, resulting in the homescreen showing up before the keyboard fades out.

Doesn't seem like it's sticking or anything, just fading out after the message app fades.

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
yeah "lag" was the only word that came to mind at the time but a slower transition seems to fit the description better... either way i find it mildly annoying.. :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, if it bothers you that much hit the back button, then hit the home button, problem gone.

skostos

Reaction score
Im glad to see this is being discussed. This is definitely persistant across all roms across both 4.0.2 and 4.0.3. It happens on stock. Out of the box. With any fixes. Any keyboards. Any apps that use a keyboard. The way you achieve this error is by opening the keyboard and hitting home when it is open. This is not about it bothering me, or hitting the back button this is about a function as common as the keyboard having lag to it. This should be fixed. Why have a polished perfect os when the keyboard takes 13 minutes to close. I know that was a gross exaggeration but do you understand what I am saying? Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? I am 100% positive that any nexus does it. It even happens on MIUI there is not one person who has even shortened the time except on Apex 4.0.3 when I first installed it but even then it was just shortened to the time it took on 4.0.2 out of the box which was a little bit faster but im talking like .1 seconds just since i have noticed it it seems like an hour now.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, I don't have this issue. I use AOKP M3 with Franco's 15.2 kernel. I also use A.I. Type keyboard (in case that matters?).

Good luck.

rjhill111

Reaction score
Mine does this, but with about half the delay that is in the video, and only in portrait. Rooted and stock. Never noticed it until I saw this thread. Surprisingly, doesn't really bother me, but I can see where it could be annoying.

prowler85

Reaction score
Mine does this, but with about half the delay that is in the video, and only in portrait. Rooted and stock. Never noticed it until I saw this thread. Surprisingly, doesn't really bother me, but I can see where it could be annoying.

Ditto. Mine is just a fraction of a fraction of a second (with Axiom 2.4 and Swype keyboard). I would have never noticed if it weren't for this thread. Not enough to bother me in the least. Though damn you for making me notice it.