1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by scarpenter, Aug 21, 2010.

1. scarpenter

scarpenter New Member

Could really use some help!
    When I text or email, using either the slide out or on screen keyboard, the Droid is displaying letters other than the ones that I am typing. I may type the word "Friday" and the phone is displaying "ouvFridayhuhuhu" The issue happens daily but not every time I type. Verizon would not help me even though I provided an on screen example of what the phone is doing but they could not duplicate right then and there. I am running the 2.2 software version. Verizon performed a hard reset on my phone, without my knowledge, and cleared everything. This did not resolve the issue. Thank you anyone!
  2. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

if the hard reset didnt work then it might be a defective phone, however let me ask you is your phone rooted?
  3. scarpenter

scarpenter New Member

I don't think so but I can't say for sure that I know what rooted refers to. I have not knowingly rooted the phone.