Keyboard issues

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I've just been using stock which is getting laggier for me. I don't know what the deal is with this but my droid x is more responsive at this point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Just flashed to unrooted and it seems to be better but I can't confirm yet.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Issue not solved. Idk what else to do. Its the phone apparently.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am rooted and using the stock keyboard and the only issue I have is pretty much every time I type "ing" at the end of a word it automatically put a " g" so it will read for instance "having g". So that is pretty annoying, and sometimes it won't auto cap the "I". But I don't have lag so I don't think root is your problem, course I could be wrong.

Zandar

Reaction score
Stock/not rooted. No lag issues here (I use only Swype), just FYI.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Still having problems. Especially in landscape. No idea what is causing this but its really majorly annoying. Maybe ICS will fix this issue.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Not that I notice, but then again my typing skill is difficult to watch. So maybe the delay it's not notice able because off my handicap?

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

naknak95

Reaction score
Does anyone else have keyboard lag issues? Not so much with the stock keyboard but any third party keyboard (smart keyboard pro). Anyone noticed that its highly inaccurate even when your hitting the keys exactly?

Its weird, when I factory reset the problem doesn't exist right away.. its about a day into usage that it will begin to appear.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue, its with all roms for me as well.

And don't come in saying how well AI keyboard works, that's not solving my problem.

The Smart Keyboard Pro is actually the only keyboard I haven't seen any lag. Make sure the Multi-touch Option is checked and that no apps are disabling the Multi-touch in your running apps. The stock keyboard hasn't lagged either.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
The Smart Keyboard Pro is actually the only keyboard I haven't seen any lag. Make sure the Multi-touch Option is checked and that no apps are disabling the Multi-touch in your running apps. The stock keyboard hasn't lagged either.

How would I know what apps would disable this?

naknak95

Reaction score
How would I know what apps would disable this?

When you go to the Play Store and go to download an app, it used to say what it had permissions to do. Also, if any apps are running in the background, you could have them automatically end. I use Smart Actions and Task Manager (which both came with my phone.)