Keyboard Freexing...Kinda... both the touch and keypad

taylor9712

Reaction score
So, this is going to be a little difficult to explain. BUT, starting last night, my keyboard and touch screen keypad have been freezing while I am texting/posting/doing any sort of typing. When I say freezing, however, what happens is this... I start typing my message, about 10-15 characters in my phone automatically exits the text box, by itself. I then either have to wait a few minutes to regain the ability to get back into the text box or I have to click the back button - if it works. This has never happened to my phone before... I tried to shut the phone down for a few minutes and removed the battery, alas, neither of these helped or worked in solving my phone problems. PLEASE if anyone has any sort of insight, share. I am so close to throwing this phone against the wall. hahaha

silverfang77

Reaction score
From the home screen, touch Menu>Manage Apps>All>Multitouch Keyboard>Clear data. After that, from the home screen, touch Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings>Uncheck Next Word Prediction.

wild_droid

Reaction score
Elegantly simple instructions!! Thanks. It has been incredibly frustrating. This is my first foray into any kind of forum....waay green newbie. Great experience

adiuguid

Reaction score
ving same prob. Droid 4, Android 4.04. Apps don't list multitouch or any her keyboard