Keyboard Freexing...Kinda... both the touch and keypad

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by taylor9712, Oct 31, 2011.

1. taylor9712

taylor9712 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, this is going to be a little difficult to explain. BUT, starting last night, my keyboard and touch screen keypad have been freezing while I am texting/posting/doing any sort of typing. When I say freezing, however, what happens is this... I start typing my message, about 10-15 characters in my phone automatically exits the text box, by itself. I then either have to wait a few minutes to regain the ability to get back into the text box or I have to click the back button - if it works. This has never happened to my phone before... I tried to shut the phone down for a few minutes and removed the battery, alas, neither of these helped or worked in solving my phone problems. PLEASE if anyone has any sort of insight, share. I am so close to throwing this phone against the wall. hahaha

2. silverfang77

silverfang77 Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    From the home screen, touch Menu>Manage Apps>All>Multitouch Keyboard>Clear data. After that, from the home screen, touch Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings>Uncheck Next Word Prediction.

3. wild_droid

wild_droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Elegantly simple instructions!! Thanks. It has been incredibly frustrating. This is my first foray into any kind of forum....waay green newbie. Great experience

4. adiuguid

adiuguid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ving same prob. Droid 4, Android 4.04. Apps don't list multitouch or any her keyboard

Search tags for this page
droid 2 issues texting keyboard
texting problem with droid 2 a955
touchpal freezing
touchpal input freeze
touchpal keyboard freeze problems
touchpal keyboard freezes

touchpal keyboard freezes phone

touchpal keyboard freezing

why does my touchpal keyboard freeze?
why is my touchpal keyboard freezing