Keyboard enlish spanish question

colorchart123

Reaction score
Is there a way to get rid of the spanish option on the keyboard? Very annoying when I hit out by accident

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

meatballdemarco

Reaction score
For some reason my phone switches to spanish for no reason from time to time. It's so confusing cus if I'm typing in an app an app out something I have to close out and go to my swype settings to get it back to normal. Ands swype works terrible when it's predicting spanish

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
How do you hit Spanish by accident? I have to go into settings, language/keyboard.

OP
C

colorchart123

Reaction score
2 keys left of the space button

chindsiv

Reaction score
That is one of the main things that led me to make a change too, it was so frustrating. Along with some of the rediculous words that you can't delete out of the swype dictionary that always popped up instead of the simple, common words that I wanted.

I ended up downloading the Keyboard from Android 2.3 app. It is a nice keyboard that will predict the word you are going to type once you start typing it. The one downfall is that you cannot use this keyboard for swype, so if you are stuck on swype I don't know how to help you.

Hope this helps

OP
C

colorchart123

Reaction score
Swype is the whole point of the droid.
This phone is starting to piss me off.

Last edited:

maebyfunke

Reaction score
not sure if you all resolved this yet, but i was asking myself/google this same question and i finally figured it out. i don't use swype or the like and this is what worked for me.

you have to go to settings>language and keyboard>touch input>international keyboard>uncheck "espanol". that will eliminate spanish as an input option and you can text like a fiend again!