Keyboard Backlight

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by droidilac, Mar 22, 2010.

1. droidilac

droidilac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed on the physical keyboard the backlight doesn't work properly. I am currently running BB 0.8

Now I know or at least it seems the backlight hasn't really been working properly. I also know there are a few posts regarding this LoL

Here is the funny part. My keyboard lights up in a room full of light. When I am in a dark area and I need the keyboard to light up it doesn't. LoL :icon_eek:

Just thought I would share I don't know if anyone else has experienced or noticed this.

2. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Try hitting the lock button on the top and jus turning it back on again. My lights go out every now n then and that always fixes it.

3. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    It's caused by the kernel you are using. The one I have included in my ROM does not cause this problem.

4. jd1306

jd1306 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to hijack your thread droidilac, but im using the bekit 1100LV kernal with BBv1.0. My touch buttons as well as the keyboard lights do not light up. Or atleast they did until i put a new lwp. Why would a lwp change my key light ups?

5. Smeech

Smeech Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've had to deactivate and reactivate auto brightness twice so far with 1.0. Gets the backlight working again... its really the only bug I've come across.

6. stark23x

stark23x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had to do that with stock 2.01, then stock 2.1, then rooted 2.1. Since BB1.0 I haven't had to mess with it, thankfully.