Keyboard backlight?

bd1212

Reaction score
Well, I've been looking in a few threads and I keep seeing other forum members complaining that the Droid's keyboard has no backlight, however my Droid DOES have a backlight... is this a new model or something?

korky122

Reaction score
i think they all have it. some have been acting up like mine and doesn't always turn on.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
i think they all have it. some have been acting up like mine and doesn't always turn on.

Hmm, strange. My Droid's backlight turns on the instant the keyboard is slid out.

justbob

Reaction score
I think it may be dependent on the app that's running at the time. I have noticed that when using e-mail, the backlight is on all the time but when using ConnectBot it comes on for 30 seconds and then goes out. Very strange....

Riley

Reaction score
Is it possible that it uses the light sensor? So if your in a light situation it doesn't turn on it, and when dark it does? I thought mine wasn't working just now, then stuck it under my desk and watched it light up.

J. Dub

Reaction score
Mine does the same. My gf's is DIM where mine is bright though... At least when they decide to turn on that is.

mgf

Reaction score
i have the 2.1 nandroid installed and it works some times and some times it doesn't. Does anyone know if there's a 2.1 nandroid with this fixed?

boatman2220

Reaction score
Here's what I've found that works for me. When the back lights on the buttons on the bottom doesn't light up. I click the button on the top and put it to sleep. Click the button again to wake it up and the lights always come on.

CGLOCK

Reaction score
Everytime I reboot my droid it does this to me. The fix everytime so far is lock the screen then unlock and all the lights come back on. Boatman beat me to it....

biker90

Reaction score
When my keyboard backlight would not come on I went to Settings -> Display and turned up the backlight. Somehow it got turned down.

jfeldredge

Reaction score
My Droid 2 Global keyboard backlight goes on and off at random, which makes it difficult to use in dim light. I haven't owned it for long, and I don't have the position of all of the punctuation characters memorized.