Keyboard and SMS apps

x25064

Reaction score
Coming from winmo I was pretty stoked to hear Touchpal was avaliable for android, but then really aggrivated when I realized it doesn't support the Droid specificially.

Any news for this? Gathering from forums they haven't released a droid friendly version yet but there isn't any new information on this since November on any forum. I really can't stand the native android keyboards, especially since there is no touch calibration on this phone (a major drawback I might add, hell my Env Touch had calibration)

Also is there a good app for waking your Droid up when you receive a SMS/MMS/Email? When I am driving I usually play music and keep my eyes on the road, so I usually know when someone is texting me by catching the phone light up in the corner of my eye. Same goes while in movie theaters. Lack of this feature was pretty disappointing too.

Thanks in advance.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
SWYPE is incredible for a keyboard app. Three threads in general discussions. Check them out. You'll be addicted in five minutes.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Yeah already 5 minues ahead of you haha, just getting used to it. Its amazing how accurate it is.

Still looking for some kind of SMS wakeup though.

Also anyone know how to make dolphin the browser that launches for the google search widget?

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I could tell you were a bright guy. Check out the threads in General Discussions. Great tips and tricks.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Will do thanks..

in the meantime if anyone else has any answers they'd be much appreciated.