Key Ring Reward App

kellym

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the key ring reward app? I'm wondering how secure it is. Several reviews also report that the bar code scanner from the phone is inconsistent. This app would be so convenient, yet I'm feeling a bit ambivalent. Any thoughts?

LT*

Reaction score
My wife and I both use this app with no issues. The only issue I've had with it is with some stores not being able to scan from the screen. Fortunately it provides the number associated, and you can have them manually add it. Not sure on security, but I haven't had any problems.

rossbates

Reaction score
Hey there - my name is Ross and I'm actually the developer of Key Ring for Android. I'm more than happy to help answer these questions and any others which you might have.

Regarding security, the app uses SSL encryption for all data being transferred to and from the phone. Also, in the event your phone is lost or stolen we can disable your account so nobody can access it. We are very conscientious about protecting people's data.

In terms of scanning, there are certain types of scanners which are designed to scan the screens of cell phones. We put a tutorial in the app which helps explain what to look for. In the event that the business isn't using the right type of scanner we created a "Cashier Mode" where the numbers get displayed in a large format so that the cashier can type in the numbers without you having to hand over your phone.

The good news is that more & more businesses are upgrading their scanners everyday - mainly because this is what customers have been asking for.

Give the app a spin and let us know what you think. If you have any other questions or comments feel free to add them here.

Have a great day!

Last edited: