Key combination for "forward delete"?

Sal

Reaction score
Did a search on the site, but couldn't find this: Is there a way to "forward delete" as opposed to "backspace" on the virtual and physical keyboards on the droid? Tried pressing the delete key along with "shift" as well as "alt" and neither seemed to work.

rjax

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, Swype is the only keyboard that has this, and it's buried in the editing menu. Which is a shame, because I generally prefer this to backspace deleting.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, Swype is the only keyboard that has this, and it's buried in the editing menu. Which is a shame, because I generally prefer this to backspace deleting.

I thought so. Just got my Droid yesterday (yay!) and even my dainty girlie fingers still seem to fat to hit precisely inside the text box where I want it. And there doesn't appear to be a visible cursor either, which make editing inside the box even more challenging. Guess I just have to keep playing with it...

jrh0

Reaction score
I would also like a "forward delete." if I preferred backspace delete like a Mac, I'd have an iPhone instead!
It's been a while since this thread has had posts - any progress on this matter? Any third party virtual keyboards?

Morenci

Reaction score
I really want this too. Shift+Backspace would be the most obvious solution. It's not used for anything else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk