[ROM] [KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The only way to be able to utilize Kexec is with Safestrap. No way around it currently.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Hilokilo

Reaction score
This is a GREAT rom, however, I discovered this weird, yet annoying bug.
I'm not sure if it's only me, but whenever I plug my phone onto a charger and boot it (turn on completely, not wake), safestrap disappears and shows a droid eye boot animation... Then, the STOCK Blur Gingerbread rom appears... :S
When I plug it off and reboot my phone, it shows the safestrap, CM 9 bootlogo, and the actual CM9 rom.
I even SBF'ed my phone to make sure, but the same thing occurs... Can anyone confirm this and tell me if you guys are experiencing the same problem? Thanks in advance.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm not sure if it's only me, but whenever I plug my phone onto a charger and boot it (turn on completely, not wake), safestrap disappears and shows a droid eye boot animation... Then, the STOCK Blur Gingerbread rom appears... :S
When I plug it off and reboot my phone, it shows the safestrap, CM 9 bootlogo, and the actual CM9 rom.
I even SBF'ed my phone to make sure, but the same thing occurs... Can anyone confirm this and tell me if you guys are experiencing the same problem? Thanks in advance.

Not really a problem. Hash implimented a fix for the charging issue in Safestrap 2.01 and whenever you reboot while plugged in it does that. It's known.

Hilokilo

Reaction score
Not really a problem. Hash implimented a fix for the charging issue in Safestrap 2.01 and whenever you reboot while plugged in it does that. It's known.

Oh I see, so this is normal. Thanks!

ssj11mav

Reaction score

Alright, yeah I was gonna say, That was particularly strange. But this makes me think: Could you possibly use this method to switch between two roms on the fly, or does it have to be the non-safe motoblur rom in place?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Alright, yeah I was gonna say, That was particularly strange. But this makes me think: Could you possibly use this method to switch between two roms on the fly, or does it have to be the non-safe motoblur rom in place?

There's an app on the market (there was when I saw it a while back) that allows you to set different ROMs in different slots and changes the ROM with a simple reboot.

sholmes

Reaction score
Here are my observations on the kexec 8/6 build.

Phone audio works fantastic, as long as I have bluetooth turned off. Bluetooth works great when I'm using the bluetooth.

I tried a script called "Speedy" to address the battery issues but I don't think it's actually running. I'm sure not getting it working is entirely of my own lack of doing.

The one truly odd thing I ran into is it seems as though the MAC address reported by the wireless antenna has changed. My WiFi network is secured both by WPA2 and with a mac-address ACL and while the Droid3 had been in that list, the new mac address wasn't.

Thanks for all the hard work. I hope the feedback helps. This is really my first custom ROM and it's been quite a learning experience.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wouldn't it be cool if from your homescreen you could swipe your finger to the right and be on one rom or swipe your finger to the left and be on a different rom..:D
or like a power button option like a profile..swap between roms without reboot :D

sholmes

Reaction score
Oh I see, so this is normal. Thanks!

I don't know if "normal" is the word I'd use. I'd say more "known". I don't know if a fix is being worked on for that. If so, I imagine it's pretty low priority.

Weirded me out at first because I had my phone plugged in while I was flashing it. But then I remembered.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
wouldn't it be cool if from your homescreen you could swipe your finger to the right and be on one rom or swipe your finger to the left and be on a different rom..:D
or like a power button option like a profile..swap between roms without reboot :D

Is something like that even... Feasable?

jojoferari

Reaction score
Is there a change log/most recent alpha info listed somewhere? I went to Hashcodes website, but I get a lot of godaddy parking pages under downloads. I'm completely lost... sorry!

sholmes

Reaction score

As has been noted, this is a known issue. But I wonder what I've done wrong as mine never boots the MotoBlur image. I just get the Eye of Doom forever and have to battery pull. :(

Hilokilo

Reaction score
As has been noted, this is a known issue. But I wonder what I've done wrong as mine never boots the MotoBlur image. I just get the Eye of Doom forever and have to battery pull. :(
Same thing happened to me. You should clear cache & data by: M+Power Button in the beginning > Scroll down to Recovery Mode > Click both volume buttons simultaneously > You know what to do after this.