kexec bootloader bypass information thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Awesome news to see for android community. Oems locking phones and not updating is getting old. Glad the community was able to not only just get around the locks but put itself in a position to at least get builds on ICS and jb.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
This is great news!!!!! Quick (noob) question. Is the Kexec module built into SS or does it need to be baked into the ROM?

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hash said it would be baked into SS
im trying to get hash to enable flashing on both safe and non safe as well....we will see lol

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
hash said it would be baked into SS
im trying to get hash to enable flashing on both safe and non safe as well....we will see lol

Sweet. Will we still have the ability to "flash custom kernels" while using the same recovery? Or will we need to flash a different SS in order to use a "different kernel," or will we be limited to just that one ICS kernel? I'm just trying to learn a little more about this.

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe hash said the newlike kernel wouldof be thethe new keneld3 of choiceit powering most roms ect..so you really shouldn't need to flash a new kernel but yes I believe the new SS should have this ability unless he hardcodes it in

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are so excited you can't type. Ha!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I believe hash said the newlike kernel wouldof be thethe new keneld3 of choiceit powering most roms ect..so you really shouldn't need to flash a new kernel but yes I believe the new SS should have this ability unless he hardcodes it in

Been in the bottle? Jk. Ok, that's all I wanted to know. I'll put my hand down now. I don't want to be "that guy." :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well I think for now at least there will only be one kernel. Hash tweeted that there will be one unified kernel for all devices, so seems like it may be some time before different kernels are available or possible.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well I think for now at least there will only be one kernel. Hash tweeted that there will be one unified kernel for all devices, so seems like it may be some time before different kernels are available or possible.

Ok, cool. I was just asking "for future reference." And trying to get an understanding of the whole Kexec thing.

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol im driving..doh
I have a sidejob to get to

pondd

Reaction score
cobravnm13 said:
I can't hardly wait for this. o_O

Me neither bro. I'm like a kid waiting to open my first present on christmas morning lol

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Me neither bro. I'm like a kid waiting to open my first present on christmas morning lol

Same here, lol. As soon as Hash gets it booting and working properly, I'm probably going to try out an ICS ROM. As long as that kernel will allow video and everything that is currently broken to work like it's supposed to.

flemdroid

Reaction score
I'm sooooooo stoked I can't sleep

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
I to am waiting for this. In the mean time, I'll be playing with Jelly Bean on my new Nexus 7 and ICS on my old Nook Color.