Kevin Rose To Join Google

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Mar 15, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    [​IMG]

Kevin Rose, founder of Digg, has been hired by Google according to sources close to the situation. In an interesting turn of events, yesterday Oink, the food-and-drink finding App for the iPhone started by Kevin, has shut down. He left a message on their website announcing their exodus with no mention of being hired by Google. The sources emphasized that Google is not "acqhiring" Milk/Oink, but Rose and some others from the company have been hired. Kevin is a very active and impressive angel investor, putting money into companies like Fab, Zynga, Ngmoco, Foursquare and Twitter. He also has a very loyal online following that he picked up from his days as a host on TechTV and the pod-cast Diggnation.

Could this be a move to catapult Google + into the mainstream? Certainly is a possibility since the project has been described as a dud. Rose’s first day at Google is to be this Monday.

Via: AllthingsD

2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    What was it, Attack of the Show, The Screensavers when I first saw him? I miss those days when G4 was a good overall channel. Now...its only a few things I look at on there.

3. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +491
    I'm glad someone could find a job in this economy. Congrats Kevin.

4. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Holy cow. Kevin's going back to working for someone? That's weird. I thought he was good to go financially after Digg. They just wrapped up the last show of Diggnation and he was off to Milk. Guess that wasn't working out. Apps are a fickle thing. Ya, I've been watching him since his days on The Screen Savers. Google should be glad to have him. Just adding another one to their talent pool. I wonder what he'll be doing, tech or video?

5. DawsonMobley

DawsonMobley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, except it was techtv at that time, not G4...comcast bought techtv, fired pretty much everyone, canceled or got rid of all the best shows and stuck a bunch of footage of people playing games on the air 24/7 (it seemed like). I still hate comcast for doing that and it's been what, 8 years ago? I'm just glad comcast isn't the cable provider where I live.

Search tags for this page

kevin rose fired from google