Kernels

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ding007, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ding007

ding007 New Member

I was wondering how you know what kernel your phone can handle. I have tried the ULV 1ghz and the LV 1ghz kernel when setting up chevy's rom. Both times were a fail. I was just wondering if there was a way depending on the kernel you have at the time of install or is it just hit and miss.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jonnybgewd

jonnybgewd New Member

Hit or miss mostly good rule of thumb is if you have problems with a kernal go up in voltage or down in clock speed.
  3. ding007

ding007 New Member

Tks for that. Also, I notice a lot of ppl. running different kernels from different roms( i.e slayer, Pl3x.) do these just install then you pick? Still trying to get this stuff down.
  4. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

For me I make a nandroid backup on a basic rom then flash a certain kernel for a day or two to test it out. I won't recommend one to you cause only patience will reward you with the best kernel for you.

Sent by nailing my note to a messanger, punching him thru a window on a 40 story building where on the street level another messanger would take the note from the first messanger and deliver it
  5. ding007

ding007 New Member

Have to try it. Right now I'm running BB v.4 w/evo theme and have had no probs. From what I have read, this is a very stable rom. Have to play around then I guess.
  6. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Yea I wish there was a way to tell which kernels work and work the best, instead of having to test each one out individually. Running ss4.7 with p3's 1ghz lv kernel seems to work fine for me. I'm pretty sure it can handle 1.1 but oh well.
    Hey zerosouls, that's a pretty efficient way of sending messages. Much better then using Tapatalk in my opinion.
  7. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

That's how I roll

Sent by nailing my note to a messanger, punching him thru a window on a 40 story building where on the street level another messanger would take the note from the first messanger and deliver it