Kernels with VoltageControl

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by DaxxTrias, Aug 17, 2011.

1. DaxxTrias

DaxxTrias New Member

Does anyone know of any kernels for the OG Droid that support Voltage Control? Or perhaps this is something Chevy could put together in the future?

I found this nifty program called QuickClock Advanced, and it allows you to calibrate your device to the absolute min/max of speed and voltages, and then set adjustable profiles (Hi-Perf, Balance, Battery Saver, etc) However it appears Chevy's does not support user setting voltage.

------------------------
    I even tried flashing an entirely different rom, from MIUI and their kernel that was included didn't support it either. Going under these assumptions, I assume Pete Alfonso's wont work either as his are Voltage Specified like Chevy's.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. moset

moset Member

Deprimed, in CM forum.
    Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums
  3. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

4. DaxxTrias

DaxxTrias New Member

5. speedfreeq

speedfreeq New Member

That's funny. I just spent about an hour reading the deprimed user's guide thread on the CM forums, and the Milestone Overclock guide that was linked there. The kernel is pretty amazing in its capacity for customization.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/22134-primes-deprimed-test-kernel-how-to/

Then I did some serious algebra, even going so far as to download a graphing app to look at voltage curves (slopes, really).
    I found out that Prime really set his vsels incredibly low, according to conventional wisdom. Explains the awesome battery life, also explains slow to wake and multitasking issues.
    I spent a few minutes editing my 20overclock file tweaking my voltages a little more towards LV at lowest and highest freq slots for a little quicker wake and hopefully more stable when running multiple apps. So far so good. Camera no longer sluggish, quick to boot. Going to see if music playback "skip" is diminished.
    Will report results.

To the OP: I don't think the kernel supports the app to which you're referring, but editing the /etc/init.d/20overclock file is pretty simple. You could keep different copies of the file on your SD card and copy/ paste for various situations if you wished, I suppose.

- from my o.g. unbrickable
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  6. DaxxTrias

DaxxTrias New Member

Ya it seems I had a pipedream.

Its weird though since I've seen youtube video's of it working for people with the auto calibration.

In the end I did like you did, just modified the actual slots manually. I gathered results of others who calibrated successfully, averaged their min/max numbers, and then did the algebra for the slots (slopes. LOL nice way to put it) and set them up.

I've got my 1100slot @ 54vsel fine, whereas my 250 @ 19vsel

With the rest sloped in between. So far it seems to be working, IIRC Chevy had his LV-1100 kernel do 63vsel at max. Weird that I can't run his ULV stable maybe the numbers are even lower or something.
Search tags for this page
android and manually editing kernel voltage

android kernel voltage control

android kernell that supports undervoltage
best kernel for voltage control
kernel doesnt support voltage control
kernel voltage android
kernels that support voltage control
pimp my rom voltage control does not support voltage control
voltage control kernals
voltage control on android kernel

voltage control supported kernels