[Kernels] Version 0.3

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 29, 2011.

1. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Omg a 1.3 kernel is back? Must try this one out...deprimed kernel doesn't work for me going that fast but hopefully this one will

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Btw does voltage effect performance at all? I know some phones can't run certain speeds and voltages but if a phone can run say a lv 1200 and an iv 1200 without issue, would the increased voltage make it perform slightly better? I've been curious for awhile

Edit: the 1.3 kernels all behave oddly...the slot slider in setcpu says 1300 but the number telling current speed says 2600 and it is very slow (seems to actually run at 260 rather than 1300) benchmarks seem to confirm this 1100 linpack is about 17-18 but "1300" is only 5-6
    Is it just my phone or rom or is something wrong with the kernels? Tried all 1.3 ones

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I tried what you googled for me.... does not work.... my ext partition isnt being mounted for some reason..... I used my pc to make the partition first.... i used minitool partition wizard with windows 7.... that software worked fine for making ext2/3 partitions on other android phones..... then it didn't work.... so I tried making the partition in the clockworkmod booatable menu.... and I get the same result.... anymore help on this would be awesome.... for now moving hat i can to the sdcard works... but i would love traditional apps2sdext....

3. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    and to mr_silent... i did search... i searched like hell.... most of what i find is not about the aps2sd i want....and what i find that is about apps2sd on ext.... doesn't work..... i am going to try to do it with the same gpa15 rom but chevys kernel instead.... and try on stock cm7.... although im almost positive i already tried with ext2 and 3 partition with stock cm7 and kernel.... and from my experience with apps2sdext.... apps didnt randomly disappear... it was of course on a different phone, not the droid.... but I only have disappearing apps before with apps2sd fat32 in .androidsecure folder..... random apps disappear all the time, thats why im hating this and want ext....

4. mr_silent

mr_silent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna try this again right now, so if you got time we can get to the bottom of this.

Still looking for a better reason to post from anything other than the OG

5. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ok, thanks in advance for the help. first off, I just tried with chevy 900mhz med voltage kernel and I get the same result as when using alfonso's kernel. And so it's known, I would prefer this to be working with alfonso's kernel not chevys.... chevy kernels are ok but I prefer petes...lol...and I made a new thread so we can get this off topic posts out of this thread.... sorry about posting here in the first place.... heres the new thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/158918-apps2sd-ext-partition-gpa15.html

6. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ok, some interesting benchmarks..... with gpa15 and 1.3ghz SV, i get around 1300-getting close to 1400 quadrant score.... and with steeldroid 7.2 with pete's 0.3 @ 900mhz I get the same scores...... so when it comes to quadrant, petes rom scores lower @ higher clock values than steel droid..... but steel droid has a feel of lagginess that gpa15 doesnt even get close to having...... and linpack.... before there was one option... now theres 2 options, one for like multi and one for single thread i think...... only like 15 mflops with droid ? my old phone that i washed and destroyed..... the htc hd2 :'( :'( ... it was a native windows mobile phone, not android so it had/still has an incomplete kernel..... and its 1ghz processor overclockable with custom kernels to 1.5 ghz...... and on the best of best source built roms got around 50mflops linpack score and only around 1300 quadrant score my droid gets...... did linpack change their scoring system with the new version or does the linpack score of my droid really suck that much compared to my dead hd2 ? or do linpack and quadrant have a major difference in what they are benchmarking for an end score? I swore before I would only base my love of a rom on look and personal feel but I always subconsciously take linpack and quadrant scores to head.....lmao.... sorry for my lengthy posts

7. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    Linpack only tests the kernel/CPU and quadrant includes the graphics processor and basically how well the phone runs everything
    So linpack= pure CPU
    Quadrant (and many others)= complete overall performance
    Fyi, highest I ever got on both was linpack 17.2 (old version), linpack 19.5 (new version), quadrant 1853
    That was running simply stunning 5.4 with 1.25 GHz ulv kernel with some sysctl tweaks

8. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ext 2/3 modules

Pete, if/when you can get the time, it would be awesome if I could get ext 2/3 modules for your kernels..... I have gave up on getting apps2sd, links2sd, or anything like that working on your rom until modprobe works but would like to use your kernel with SS 5.4 instead of the included kernel with it, but I can't do that because my partition is ext3, not 4, so I need ext2/3 modules. I tried loading your kernel on his rom and using the jbd.ko and ext3.ko that was included in his rom but it wont work. I would have emailed you about this like you asked, but I don't know your email...lol.... couldnt find it on your site, but i added you to google+ and at the same time couldn't figure out how to message you there....lol And in case your wondering, I choose ext3 because from what I read and understood from different palces on the web, any extra performance or anything better that might come from ext4 probably won't on an sdcard, the way I understood is that it does more writes on ext4 than ext3, so I would think that would put a little extra load on the system/make my sdcard go bad faster....

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  9. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here - 1.3 says 2600

running 1.25 LV 0.3 Yes!!!!!!!!! Rom Manager Fixing Permissions flying!!!!!!!!

10. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow, new high score for me with quadrant....using Chevy's SS 5.4 and Pete's 900mhz SV v0.3, I get 1407+ score in quadrant....

11. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Best kernal on pev6.5 so far! No launcher redraws or anything! I hope I didn't speak too soon. Very nice work!

12. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey pete, could you help me? Or anyone who knows? I install bugless beast, then install darkk tremor apps2sd and it works perfect with the default kernel in bugless beast....dtapps2sd works no problem with froyo builds unlike GB builds.... BUT, as soon as I install these new kernels.... there goes apps2sd.....it won't mount the partition after that,not automatically or manually in term emulator... says device doesnt exist.... an ideas why?

13. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds like the kernels you flashed don't support the file system you've created on the second partition.

14. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    Pete? Any input on this? I'd love to be running 1.3 GHz again and yours are the only newer kernels to have it...could you please look into this issue?

15. Gorf

Gorf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure I understand. What does "Version 0.3" designate? My kernel version is 2.6.32.9-peteralfonso.