[Kernels] Version 0.3

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 29, 2011.

1. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

These work with Froyo or Gingerbread and will work for ALL ROMs.

EXT support, TUN support, and everything else (needed) is included also.

If your device is sluggish you need to raise the voltage.
  2. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Thanks for the prompt response. Will flash shortly. Will SetCPU work with these kernels? It has gotten several updates since you released the 0.2 kernels and I like being able to set up different values for on/off the charger...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. dpaine88

dpaine88 New Member

Your SetCPU values will remain the same unless you change them. The kernel has no effect on them at all, they govern the kernel.
  4. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I asked because Peter SPECIFICALLY posted this regarding his 0.2 kernels:

"Unfortunately, SetCPU and possibly other applications have yet to put these tuneables to use via a GUI. So one must have a script or command change them. As you can see, this governor will allow you to save battery or crank out the performance so adjust it to your liking"
  5. Felix 222

Felix 222 New Member

1300, nice
  6. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Yes SetCPU works
  7. bdholsin

bdholsin New Member

I'm having a problem with the download links. Anyone else in the same situation or am I alone?
  8. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Confirmed. I was using lv but moved to sv at the same speeds and its much better

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. DavidM.

DavidM. New Member

Links work fine. Give them a couple seconds to start downloading.
  10. bdholsin

bdholsin New Member

Thanks David. Had to do a PC reboot. Chrome didn't want to download (for whatever reason). It's all good now.
  11. diesburg

diesburg New Member

I know this is the wrong thread for this but I cant find info or help anywhere else. Getting apps2sd to work on the stock gb 2.3.3 stable rom...... if kernel supports ext partition, it should work.........but when I install the last non beta of darktremors apps2sd, i run command a2sd check in terminal... it says ext partition found but not mounted.....I'm pretty sure I can manually mount it......but I don't want to have to manually mount everytime I reboot..... any help is greatly appreciated..... or if someone can point me to the correct forum, probably the one for the rom which I already requested help in.... after all my favorite apps, only the ones I consider "needed", I only have 100mb about of free space and still some more space consuming apps I would like to isntall... so apps2sd would be awesome....
  12. DavidM.

DavidM. New Member

This what you're using? It works great for me.
  13. diesburg

diesburg New Member

That isn't what I'm talking about. That just moves apps to a secure folder called .androidsecure on the fat32 partition of the sdcard. So when you mount the sdcard to use on the comptuer with USB cable, your apps on sd are not accessible. As far as I can tell, that app does what you can already do in system application settings without the app. I am talking about apps and/or cache on an ext partition on the sdcard. Better, more reliable, and when you mount storage card for use with usb cable your apps on the sd are still accessible. But I have found no info on doing this on the droid except for one rom which was a sense/junk rom.
  14. indyhill

indyhill New Member

wrong scaling while charging

I'm using the v3 1000 SV kernel and the cpu isn't scaling down to my minimum (250mhz) while it is charging from an adapter, it does however when charging from a PC.. I'm using setcpu to manage the freqs, but have no profiles configured. Even if I set a profile for charging from AC it still doesn't drop below 800mhz. It does the same thing with the v2 kernels. This is making for a very hot phone sitting in my car dock & charging. Any ideas?
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  15. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

Works pretty well with Chevy's SS5.4 so far.

Brandon
  16. MPTP

MPTP New Member

When charging from an AC or car adapter, the phone defaults to a minimum clock speed of whatever is in the third slot. This does not happen when charging from a computer's USB. If the third slot is 800MHz, like Pete's 1.0GHz kernel, then it will never clock lower while plugged in.

It's rather annoying, but that's the way it has been for every kernel since day one and there is nothing you can do about it. This is the main reason I use Prime's kernel as I can set a rather low third slot to keep my phone from bursting into flames on my dashboard.
  17. mr_silent

mr_silent New Member

There's tons of info on multitudes of forums for the OG Droid. Check out "dual mount sd" on the market as well. As for a2sdext ill make it easier for ya here: http://bit.ly/lc1cAd Read the full OP before trying anything.
    Edit: What did you use to create the ext?
    Sent from my Droid
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  18. drkow19

drkow19 New Member

Great kernels here. I can't believe we are still getting new kernels for the Droid 1, here I am considering getting a Droid 3 in a few weeks.

I'm using the 1 GHz standard voltage with interactive governor. I normally use low voltage, but as per Pete's instructions the standard voltage does seem to run very fast, especially in the browser (this is in comparison to 0.2 kernel though, 1 GHz in low voltage). My Droid has never been this fast!

Pete, I wrote a while back about excessive memory usage for a game I was developing, and how your early Gingerbread builds would allow my game to run fine. Well I found out what I was doing wrong shortly after that (forgot bitmap.remove() for all my textures) so now everything is working well. The game is Sean McNulty Skateboarding, it's on the market so try it out. It was developed using your roms for testing!
  19. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

I'm as well having issues with getting link2sd to create a mount script so I can access all of the apps I have on the sd partition (ext3). I installed the kernel and ran the app, it then will usually create the mount script however each time I try to mount the partition in the app it says "mount script cannot be created". I am a big fan of Peter's kernels and I am in need of something with a touch higher voltage to help get rid of the sluggishness my droid has acquired.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zach
  20. mr_silent

mr_silent New Member

I'd suggest finding a thread related to your topic, and a kernel that supports ext3 filesystems. i.e. chevyno1 kernels. The problem with the script is that you dont have an ext3 module to load, and chances are, if your not on an ss or a CM rom than its just not supported.(Hint:there has to be an sd-ext directory in your root folder) Apps on sdcard isnt all that special. It wears your sdcard out faster and youll have problems with apps appearing and reappearing and data being wiped on each boot. 60% of my internal storage is more than enough apps to have installed at anyone time and anything else will cause performance issues. Better to use titanium backup and install/uninstall apps as needed.
    If you guys are serious about doing this than check out firerats all in one patch in the link i posted above, install CM7 or ss5.X and a chevyno1 kernel and you should have no problems, but if you do, hit me up on twitter @mr_silentXIII
    And find the right place to post your problems. These issues have been addressed thoroughly in the past and on many forums. I need not post any links, use google and search all those keywords you guys are using in your posts.dancedroid