[Kernels] Version 0.2

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Apr 26, 2011.

1. andjarnic

andjarnic New Member

Thanks.. I did come across that one and ran through it.. that did work. There are so many posts on tons of roms, recovery, and so forth it's easy to get lost.

So now I have my phone rooted. The question is, I have what I think is a kernel and also the GPA15 ROM for Android 2.3.3. Do I need to install a kernel to overclock, then install the GPA15? What confuses me is it seems if I do, I have to copy the kernel to the sdcard root, rename it update.zip, reboot holding X, install it. Then reboot when it's done.. and go back and do the same thing with the GPA15 ROM. The confusion is.. I figured installing update.zip again would overwrite what the previous update.zip was. Curious how it can install the rooted program, then know that the next update.zip is a kernel, and another is the actual 2.3.3 ROM?

At least I am rooted. Just gotta figure out the other two.. but the link you provided, will that apply to the kernel and GPA15 rom I got too.. or is that specific to the files they refer to in the link?
  2. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad Rescue Squad Premium Member

First flash raidzero recovery, you don't have to rename any roms or kernels if you use it, and you can just put them in a folder by themselves.

secondly, you only need to flash a kernel if you want to change from what the rom comes with. If you do decide to change kernels, just flash a new kernel without wipeing.

Always flash roms first. Always wipe before flashing a rom. Never wipe when flashing a kernel.

Sent from my DROID X2
  3. tensai

tensai New Member

does this kernel work on his current bb?
  4. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

You shouldn't have a problem. I'm running Pete's 1.20GHz LV V.2 currently without issue on BB 0.6.2.1. I may bump it up to 1.25GHz just to see, but previously my phone never liked anything above 1.2GHz.

UPDATE: I was correct......my phone still spits out the 1.25GHz kernel. Back to 1.2Ghz and smooth sailing.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Pete's 0.3 kernel is coming out soon!
Search tags for this page

droid x custom kernel download

interactive governor min sample time

interactive governor tweaks min sample rate

interactive kernel min sample time

minimum sample rate interactive governor