[Kernels] Version 0.2

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Apr 26, 2011.

1. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

anyone else getting random reboots with these kernals?
  2. Ike034

Ike034 New Member

I'm running GPA 14 and the .80 kernel and have not had ant reboots at all.
  3. Felix 222

Felix 222 New Member

phenomenal kernel! its snappy and never runs hot! best i've used.
    running 1.2 lv.
  4. jgrubbs

jgrubbs New Member

No reboots as of yet, only have tested for three hours or so. Snappy and cool for the most part. Ive been trying to make it overheat. lol... the great thing i just noticed was that with this kernal i have usb mass storage mode BACK!!!! im running CM 7.0.2 stock kernal worked but i wanted faster than 800. Chevy (3/24/11) was broken and so was cor cor's juiced 1250. but i flash petes 1250lv and its back. Awesomeness!!!!!! Always loved your work Pete... Keep up the great work.
  5. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

The debugging information is enabled in these kernels, at least the time in state. I'm actually liking this kernel more and more as I use it. I'm having issues with compcache working (everything "seems" to be in place *shrugs*) though. Not like I actually use it much though but it's nice to have (especially when playing games). I'll have to see what I did to muck it up.
  6. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

I wiped system, boot, data, cache, and dalvik multiple times and installed GPA5-2. After starting, I rebooted and installed the 900 lv 0.2 kernel. I booted again into recovery and installed autooverclock.zip. I thought this would automatically give me the fastest kernel speed, but I looked with setcpu and I was still at 600 max. Pete didn't specifically say how the autooverclock.zip worked, but it looks like I have to use setcpu to get the higher clock speed. I bumped up the max in setcpu, but didn't set profiles or autostart. After another reboot, I'm getting the max 900 speed. Is setcpu really necessary?
  7. KaosMcRage

KaosMcRage New Member

SetCPU is not necessary, I get max speed using only AutoOverClock.zip.
  8. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

Thank u for the reply, I was just coming here to ask again about that, now i will give these kernels a try

9. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

I saw a couple of others ask and I didn't see any answers yet, so I'll ask again. Is there any reason why these couldn't be run on a Froyo rom?

And if there is a reason what is it (I'd like the technical reasons please)?
  10. duffme

duffme New Member

Phone app makes Droid unresponsive and very hot

I've been using GPA14 and LV 1.10Ghz kernel since release and they've been great. I've twice tried the v2 kernels at 1.00 and 1.10Ghz. The phone seems a bit laggy sometimes, but if I try to answer an incoming phone call I swipe the slider to answer and the phone becomes unresponsive with a high pitched feedback from the speaker. The feedback stops when the call ends, but the phone remains unresponsive and gets very hot very fast. Several minutes later I'm forced to pull the battery. Back to v1 kernel again. Anyone have any suggestions?

--Mike
  11. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

Sv lv iv

I would like to know if the IV kernels are increased voltage over standard or are the increased voltage over the low voltage?

IV > SV > LV

OR

SV > IV > LV
    ?
  12. tamlin42

tamlin42 New Member

Standard is the Standard over which Increased is Increased.
    IV>SV>LV

it is called standard to avoid this sort of confusion =P
  13. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 New Member

To compare with the 600mhz 0.1 kernel, seems like this one runs hotter. Wish Pete would make a version of these that is 600mhz because that kernel ran for days! Outside of Fruit Ninja I haven't really pushed the 0.2 too much, so I don't know just how hot it will get. He mentions that if you don't run the autooverclock.zip then it will just clock itself to 600mhz but doing it this way doesn't run smooth at all, and at one point had to do a battery pull.

Pete! We need the 600mhz 0.2 kernel!
  14. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

"Standard" does not avoid this confusion.
  15. RedRumy3

RedRumy3 New Member

Seem to run fine on froyo as well, have no issues so far
  16. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Posted this in the outdated thread.

I've been using a froyo custom 125/600 ondemand kernel and it's been great on GB. However, I also like Pete's low voltage.

Is there a chance one of us, or Pete, could made a 125/600 kernel? Maybe even wth ondemand as the default gov? That's the only thing keeping me on Froyo. I get such stupendous battery life with 125 and ondemand - with no ill effects at all.
  17. grim_reaper

grim_reaper New Member

Can anyone tell me if the ext modules can be removed from this kernel like you could with ver 1?

thanks

Never mind. I got adventurous and took them out, then reflashed and all is well.
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  18. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

what are the kernel steps with this kernel?

is there a 550? 500?
  19. andjarnic

andjarnic New Member

Hey all,

I am going to be completely noob here.. I flashed my first original droid a long long time ago to get a 2.2 on it. Since then I've used the stock OTA. I've also broken two droids.. so am on my 3rd (last hopefully) until I can get the Samsung Galaxy S2 when ever it comes to Verizon in the US. For now, I want to put the latest 2.3.3 GPA15 on my latest droid original.

I've downloaded a bunch of files.. auto-clock, gpa15, low-voltage 1Ghz kernel (.2 version), and a slahyer kernel..

But..for the life of me I can't find anything on what to do with all this. Where do I get started, what is the instructions from start to finish to get GPA15 working? I know I'll need to root my phone some how, but I can't seem to find a single "start here..do all these steps" link anywhere. There are tons of forum posts but so far they all seem to be from people that know exactly how to do all the steps required.

I know this is about a few weeks after the lats post, hopefully someone can guide me to the right location so I can get started.

Thanks.
  20. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad Rescue Squad Premium Member

Firstly, you should have started your own thread in the help section.

Second you didn't search hard enough, info for rooting and roming a d1 goes back 2 years on this forum.

None the less.

HOWTO ROOT D1 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

After rooting you'll want to flash raidzero recovery. Find it here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

GUIDE TO RAIDZERO RECOVERY (howto flash roms, kernels and custom recoverys): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/95227-flashing-rom-droid-1-best-practices.html

Good luck, remember google is your friend.

Sent from my DROID X2
Search tags for this page

droid x custom kernel download

interactive governor min sample time

interactive governor tweaks min sample rate

interactive kernel min sample time

minimum sample rate interactive governor