[Kernels] Version 0.2

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Apr 26, 2011.

1. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Me screen also takes a little longer to come back on
    Lgb v.1.72alpha
    1.2 av v.2 kernel

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums[/QUOTE]

It depends on the governor you use, if you use interactive governor it will be fine because it scales to the highest slot first, then scales down.

2. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    It depends on the governor you use, if you use interactive governor it will be fine because it scales to the highest slot first, then scales down.[/QUOTE]

ive tried it with both ondemand and interactive with pretty high values, both seem to be a tad sluggish but everything else is bookin it down the road tho...so i guess gain one lose one...smh lol

3. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    what is that link to? i didnt see anything...

4. pdc419

pdc419 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was using the interactive. Browser seemed to lag a little then rebooted on me, so I switched back to rz kernel. They may need a little tweak here or there, but keep up the good work Pete! :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. zoomy942

zoomy942 Member

Ratings:
    +1
  6. Jasko

Jasko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had tried this kernel (SV 800) running minimum at 250 and max at 800. When receiving calls at 250, my ringtone is very choppy and takes the screen a good 5 - 7 seconds to turn on to answer. I set the minimum back to 400 and will hope for the best.

7. peteralfonso

Ratings:
    +0
    Using the interactive governor that should never happen.

8. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Used the 1ghz LV kernel a little over 24 hours, everything was working fine till I played a game called "Bakery Story" for about 10 minutes.

The CPU got really hot, 57°C, flashed the .8 LV and played again for about 5 minutes. This time it only hit 42°C.

I love these kernels, I just wish they wouldn't heat up like that at higher clock speeds. Chevys 1ghz always ran cool for me, but I'm sticking with Pete's brand.

Cheers

Sent from my Droid

9. dotcom624

dotcom624 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    stuck freq / setcpu sample rate

I installed the lv 1.0ghz kernel over 4/27 build of GPA15. I found it a bit unstable, so I switched to SV and have found it much better (weatherbug would fc, sugarsync gave me a can not connect message). I have noticed that sometimes it seems to get "stuck" at 800mhz (my max) when I first boot. I'm not sure if changing freq or plugging it in stops. I only notice because my phone gets wicked hot, and will reboot if it doesn't settle down. I've cleared cache and dalvik, rebooted, etc.

Anyways, what "min sample rate" are people using for setcpu and interactive governor? It says default is 50000, but mine is set at 5000, and I don't ever remember switching it. Anybody know if battery life would increase if I set it back to default?

Thanks!

10. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    good question, ive often wondered about that extra side tab there and what if any real world application those settings have...

11. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i am running the 1100lv and so far so good! currently running pe5.0.2 on interactive gov with sysctl enabled.

12. peteralfonso

Ratings:
    +0
    It all depends on the governor and settings the ROM dev has made in the ramdisk or elsewhere (init.d). You can make a fast kernel, and have the ramdisk or other files slow it to a crawl. On my GPA builds, using the interactive governor there is no wake up delay. That being said, on other ROMs I would suggest switching to, if not already using, the interactive governor. From there if you still see a wakeup delay lower this tuneable:

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_maxspeed_load

The default is 85, a good number for battery saving, but not for performance. For example, you may lower this number to 80 so the governor will ramp up to max speed (highest slot) faster. You may also want to note that the Motorola Xoom uses the value of 80, maybe you will be happy with this value as well.

Just FYI there is yet another tuneable in this governor:

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time

This tuneable represents the minimum amount of time to spend at the current frequency before ramping down. This is to ensure that the governor has seen enough historic CPU load data to determine the appropriate workload. Default is 80000 uS.

Unfortunately, SetCPU and possibly other applications have yet to put these tuneables to use via a GUI. So one must have a script or command change them. As you can see, this governor will allow you to save battery or crank out the performance so adjust it to your liking.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  13. shiznit7

shiznit7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason, my phone seems to be idling at 400 MHZ. I'm using SetCPU and have it on the interactive setting. Any way to fix this or is this normal for these kernels?

14. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    pete, u lost me talking about that hi tech speech u just gave im lost lol lol. i study bio/biomed research and i know my way around a computer pretty well but pete lost me on that one. maybe cus i dont see what hes talking about actually on the phone...idk lol

15. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Day one of .2 kernel. Was using sv 600mhz. Now using the sv 800mhz. Seems to me to be a little better performance, but worse battery life. But I did use my phone pretty heavily today, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Search tags for this page

droid x custom kernel download

interactive governor min sample time

interactive governor tweaks min sample rate

interactive kernel min sample time

minimum sample rate interactive governor